How do you cook your steak?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by MahlerBrass, Feb 1, 2005.

1. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Hey guys! Being a college student I don't get much of an opportunity to fire up the grille very much, let alone fire up the grille to cook expensive steaks. So just wanted to know if anyone has any seasoning, ingredients, and/or recipes they wanted to share with an amateur steak cooker. I'm really good at workin with chicken and pork, but I've never worked with steaks before, thanks a lot!

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    BAH! If you can't eat it raw, youre not a man!

Just kidding. I'll get the recipe up later, when I can find it... :D

Van

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Take one steer. Have it walk through the kitchen. Give it a good kick in the south end on it's way through. Serve.

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    "Bring me a live cow over to the table!! I'll carve off what I want, and ride
    the rest home!"

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I like to marinate with olive oil, vinigear, garlic salt, and get it really tender. Then I'll throw it on the grill until it's cooked (medium well or so) and then put a lil sauce on it (whatever you prefer) and eat it.. Rinse and repeat.

6. jpkaminga

jpkaminga Pianissimo User

Jul 1, 2004
    Boston
    stick out your thumb like a hitchhiker (basically you want to stretch out your thumb out so that the muscle in it is taut) and feel that meaty part of it that is close to the wrist, then check out the meat, if it feels the same as the hand/thumb then it's cooked medium, you're not supposed to check the color by puncturing the meat because then it dries out and looses flavor

7. fatpauly

fatpauly Pianissimo User

Nov 11, 2003
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Marinade: 2 parts peanut oil + 1 part soy sauce + 1 part Worchestershire sauce.

Seasonings: Garlic powder, Salt-n-Spice (a McCormick product), and pepper.

Hot grill: Let the coals get nice and white if using coals. Trick - make a pyramid of them to start out, and after the first fire dies out and they are starting to heat up, hit them with a hair dryer.

Cook to desired wellness.

- Paul Artola
    Ellicott City, Maryland

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    You lost me at the hair dryer part?

Medium!

9. eoliver

eoliver Pianissimo User

Nov 15, 2004
    Albuquerque, NM
    I like the montreal steak seasoning, a little olive oil, then grill to perfection...don't burn them.

10. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Grilled and served w/A1 Steak Sauce!