How do you empty your mind when......

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 31, 2014.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Or provide you with a better attitude. Psychiatrists use to do this procedure calling it a Frontal Labotomy. However I prefer the medical cure: I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.

2. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Sorry. Was I interrupting your conversation there, Gary?

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Wait minute there, Seth- that's my boss you're talking to! He can have any conversation he wants, right boss?
    Sorry, Seth. I emptied my mind for a minute there. ( how's that for reeling it in to the proper topic?)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Which one?

5. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria

Pretty please :-)

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Another good read is Zen in the Art of Archery. If you don't mind a German mystic, Johannes Tauler wrote pretty extensively on detachment.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Cut me some slack. I believe very much I am sticking to the theme of the thread as my fist reply simply stated:

So as the good instructor that I am, I invite people to come and participate in my lab course on emptying the mind. Then by kehaulani kindly asks me for the location and I gave several replies to his equerry.
    May I suggest we open our minds to helping clarify the theme of the thread for a New Years Resolution, pretty please?

Then Ed talks about killing the mind with an ice pick,
    and I simply, in step with the thread, note that it is a way to empty the mind, but liquid methods are safer. So true to the thread I believe I am. Yes?

[​IMG]

Can we get a mind clean up on aisle 3?

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    And you peeps doubted me when I said "GM will have all the answers to the empty mind" - ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Easy to miss (thanks to you) but VB just made a valuable posting there.

Have either of you anything constructive and relevant to add to it?

No, of course not. You'd rather just treat it with total contempt and swamp it beneath more mindless off-topic garbage wouldn't you?

You want to be cut some slack? I'll do you a deal. Stop posting on any thread I start and you can have as much slack as you want. It's a generous new year sales offer. Go for it.

Now where were we....

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Could you please keep this thread on track? You seem to be drifting here. I believe we are trying to discuss How to empty your mind... That is what I have been trying to discuss in creative ways as my post noted above, but you seem to be taking this thread into the personal attack mode.