How does changes in the teeth affect your embouchure?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmpt_plyr, Sep 26, 2009.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The bottom line is that something changes for everyone. Sometimes they don't notice, sometimes the world falls apart. There is no way of knowing in advance.

The key to success is the players attitude. The real trumpeter will dig in and blow away obstacles. The whiner will make excuses why life is so tough. The cyberchondriac will end up with every symptom that they read about on the web.

I will NEVER feed the fire by posting what could happen. I try and get my students to develop search and kill attitudes. Much better than spoon feeding.......

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    As Rowuk and others have stated in different ways, if one doesn't make the effort to overcome obstacles in their playing or any other task, achievement will not be attained.

You'll not get a diploma unless you study! Fail to grease and the engine stops.

P.E.T.E. exercise in the "pencil" mode requires lip compression regardless of which direction it is pointed. The duration of time for it's usage of both modes is 5 minutes and not within 4 hours of playing a gig.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    +1 Robin... noted

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Practicing in relation to working with the anatomy you were given (or anatomy that was changed with braces, partials) will in most cases lead to success. What dental changes will do to playing comfort cannot be predicted, but you will be able to work with it and work through it.