How high notes should sound!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sofus, May 16, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    of course --- you people know -- I am NOT diminishing Arturo ---- I am just pointing out --- that he is not superhuman ---- at least not him alone, as a lot of people can play the trumpet very well, and of course, that includes the National Anthem

ALTHOUGH this next clip ---- Phil Driscoll kind of ""goes a little above and beyond the song"" --- IMHO --- but I still love it!

Phil Driscoll Star Spangled Banner - YouTube

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    of course --- EVERYONE knows Maynard could play ------ although here, I think he took the National Anthem and put in a step lower than Arturo --- but who's going to argue???????? (Arturo in G, and Maynard in F) ------ I could be wrong, but I am just saying

STAR SPANGLED BANNER MAYNARD FERGUSON - YouTube

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    of course --- I never want to FORGET Al Hirt --- who probably paved the way on the Star Spangled Banner in public arena "in that there is a bit of improvisation" and such

Al Hirt in the Superdome - YouTube

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OK, for now I am going to end my STAR SPANGLED BANNER posts ----- and to MAKE MY DETRACTORS HAPPY ---- I am going to admit ENDING THIS ON A L-O-W note now you can all laugh at KT ---- cause I laugh at you all !!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Contrabass Trombone : Star Spangled Banner - YouTube

7. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Other than the contrabass, they all show that a simple tune can demonstrate how high notes should sound. And thanks, kingtrumpet, for taking the time to find and post all those examples!

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    [​IMG]

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks --- actually I have most of them on my favorites list --- and a bunch more -- so they are easier to find ---- but yeah, it seemed like time to GIVE BACK TO TM!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL