how much for leesons?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rain, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Rain

Rain New Friend

Nov 16, 2007
    Kingston, TN
    okay, well, I'm finaly at a place where I can take private lessons again, but I'v been out of it for a while, so I have a question, how much should I expect to spend on half hour lessons? I have been playing about 4 and a half years, and I had lessons the first 2 years so I am a pretty desent player.

thanks

Rain

2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I just checked this out today. The top private teacher in St. Charles, County Missouri is $30.00 an hour. I think half our lessons are available but most adults should figure on an hour lesson.

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Rain-

It really depends on who you seek out for lessons. If there is a college near you, try to contact the trumpet teacher and ask him to put you in touch with one of his/her students. When I did my undergrad (not too long ago) I charged $20/half hour and $35/hour. I would imagine that's still about the going rate.

-Jimi

4. tpetplyr

tpetplyr Pianissimo User

Dec 15, 2003
    Boston
    Prices are higher in big cities, I guess? I pay between $50 and $80 from the people in Atlanta I take lessons with, and have payed $100 in both Boston and Chicago. (all for one hour lessons)

Stuart

5. Elli21486

Elli21486 New Friend

Jan 1, 2008
    Massachusetts, ESA
    You actually need to know where to look. My friend, Berklee College of Music student, offered one hour lessons per week for $20 in the Boston area. I suggest you look around and if you can, find leads by word of mouth. By the way, my friend no longer teaches.

6. rdt1959

rdt1959 Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Georgia
    I pay $25/half hour in a location not far from Stuart (Peachtree City, Georgia)

7. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    I have payed, in the New York area, everywhere from $50 and hour to $100 for a half hour. All well known top notch professional players.