How Much Would You Charge for This Gig?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Derek Reaban, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    Someone forwarded this to me.

I’ve heard of lots of different jobs for trumpet players: symphony, quintet, big band, film, ballet/opera, and small group jazz. How many of you have ever been hired to a “rock launching†gig?

Very weird!

The Music of Adrian Wagner

I can just imagine an unpopular conductor showing up to conduct Beethoven 9 or Carmina Burana and ask about the “odd†set up of the ensemble just before the show was to begin. If the ensemble didn’t like the direction the performance was taking, they could selectively “launch†him into the second balcony!

2. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    :D well i get $500.00 for an hour and a half show.
    and also $75.00 for rehersealls.

3. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    Just out of curiosity, I typed in the name Henry Kjellson into Google and found this Gravity and Antigravity web site with a picture:

[​IMG]

Seeing how close the trumpet players are to the drummers reminded me of a Summer Band concert I played years ago. I found a seat at the outdoor venue without paying too much attention to the set-up of the stage. When the conductor pointed right at me for the National Anthem, I very quickly found out that I was sitting directly in front of three snare drums! When the open roll began, I realized that I had chosen the WRONG seat! I couldn’t hear one note that I played during the anthem, and my ears rang for days after that concert.

Launching rocks could be a cool (one time) gig, but not if I have to be that close to the drummers! Even for $500 bucks, Clarence!

HA!

4. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    :lol: :lol: :lol: