How old are you...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Mar 21, 2005.

1. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Yay! I'm not the baby afterall! :D

Lara

2. student trumpet

student trumpet Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2004
    Minnesota
    What is wrong with being young :dontknow: :?:

3. jpkaminga

jpkaminga Pianissimo User

Jul 1, 2004
    Boston
    22 years in life

only 3 in trumpet

but 8 in brass, 1 year on trumpet and 5 years on the french horn in middle and high school, took some time off from brass during college but never stopped playing music, been back on trumpet for 2 years now and I must say that being back on the trumpet has given me new direction in music

18 musical years, started playing the piano when I was 4 (I didn't like it so much back then but now I thank my mom all the time for making me take suzuki method lessons) stopped taking lessons when I was 14 but I still learn a piece occasionally so as to keep my fingers limber, was in a church choir from ages 6-12, and at age 11 had my most memorable musical experience to date, singing soprano in a performance of Mozart's requiem (never will be able to do that again), hopefully a memorable trumpet performance is coming soon

4. music matters

music matters Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2004
    ON Canada
    I am 32 and 21 in trumpet years (although the first 14 trumpet years were actually Cornet years!)

Graham.

5. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    22/10, although my senior year in HS when I was getting ready for college auditions should probably count as 2 years, and this year, my senior year in college, should probably only count as half a year because I've spent too much time in the library and not in the practice room...

-Jimi

6. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    47 in real life, 38 in trumpet years, almost 7 in dog years!

Being a band director and freelance player I have not "put down my horn" during my entire adult life. Last year the few months following my heart attack were the longest months of my life in many ways, but not being able to play my trumpet made it really long. I currently have surgery scheduled to have my kidney out in May and I have been told 12-weeks minimum before I'll be allowed to play after that.

7. spirithorn

spirithorn New Friend

Mar 3, 2005
    North Carolina
    54 and 32.

8. Adrian_H

Adrian_H Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Interesting thread.

28 real, and 20 trumpet

9. pots13

pots13 New Friend

Dec 5, 2004
    16 and 5. Must admit I'm glad I'm not the baby either.
    Pots

10. tptwannabe

tptwannabe New Friend

Jun 3, 2004
    New York, NY
    46 and 15. With a two layoffs of 14 and 7 years.