How to emulate Louis Armstrong sound

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankmike, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
  2. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    I'm not sure about your description but if you watch his hands you'll notice the movement of his hands and the uauaua sound are in sync

3. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    There's a much better one, it's the one on Youtube where this guy has to mop the floor but he's too busy listening to his new Armstrong record and beating on pots and pans and stuff to try to drum along, and his wife hits him with the mop, and he dreams he's the king of Jazzmania. And he has Louis Armstrong and his band to entertain him, and Louis sings "I'll be glad when you're dead you rascal you" and I swear Louis is high as a kite, anyway it really shows the hand movements and the hand vibrato. Oh yeah and Louis is dressed up as a kind of African prince, and so's the guy and the landscape is all bubbles and there are servants running around, it's pretty great. Well, at the end the guy wakes up and says to his wife, "I'll be glad when I'm dead, you rascal you", and she says, "I'll be gladder" LOL.

4. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    He used an exaggerated hand vibrato. Once in a while, it's great, but don't overdo it. I'm trying to break myself of the habit. Pops really messed up his chops doing this on high notes.