How to get big sound in upper register

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tobias014, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Hi Neal,

I'm not going to add much to this discussion, because I feel there is little I could add except perhaps to emphasize the use of long low tones. I would like to thank you for your attitiude, so often on here we get people (often youngsters) wanting us to either correct their teachers or to wave in their faces. Your bounce it off your teacher in a mature fashion attitude is a refreshing change, thank you

2. neal085

neal085 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 6, 2012
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Thank you, sir.

I guess it's fair to say I have a lot of trust in my teacher, but at the same time, I don't trust anyone to have all the answers. I think it's good to take input from many sources and then try to put it to use objectively.

I like this forum, as there is a ton of experience I can tap into here. I'm about 13-14 months into a comeback, and I strongly believe information is the key to any endeavor - I think it's very helpful to get it from different perspectives as well, but no, I don't embark on new ventures without consulting the dude that got me this far - it's not fair to either of us.

Um.....somehow I've managed to buy 4 trumpets in the last week - is this considered normal behavior?

3. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    N+1 strikes again.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm --- you would first have to DEFINE WHAT A NORMAL TMer is --- then we could start there ------ YES, recognizing that you question your purchase of 4 trumpet in one week, is akin to saying ""HEY Dudes, I am a more normal, trumpet master" than the rest of yah!!"" ---- play and be happy!!!! --- ROFL ROFL ROFL (if trumpet is a Blessing or a Getzen -- then just make a lamp out of it!!!!) ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. robeebee

robeebee Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Makes me feel better

I've only bought 2

A Pocket Trumpet and a Stomvi elite large bore

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Makes me feel even more better, I only bought 2 in the past month.
    Olds Super Recording and a Harrelson SWE Summit.

7. robeebee

robeebee Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    That swe summit is one sexy looking horn

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Even sexier when you get it in silver with gold plated slides and my TM Avatar cast into the tuning slide with a silver serpent coiling on a gold 16th note.

9. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Going the bling route, G-Man?:roll::lol::oops:

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    At my age, bling is good; hides the imperfections.