How to identify a brass player?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 6, 2008.

1. TheRiddler

TheRiddler Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2006
    USA
    Go to the bar closest to the rehearsal hall immediately following rehearsal... that's where the low brass players are hahaha.....

2. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    what kind of riddle is that mrriddler. I dont get it?

3. Wlfgng

Wlfgng Piano User

Aug 15, 2008
    Canada
    Their horn(s) are worth more than their car.

4. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Years ago I was hopping on a Sydney train with a mate of mine who played trumpet. I saw another trumpet player hopping on the train.(He didn't see me and my travelling companion and he had not met.) I hopped in the next carriage and worded my mate up about the gear this guy used.
    My mate went and sat next to the guy and did the "Excuse me. I know this is a silly question but do you play trumpet?" He then went on to tell the guy the mouthpiece he played on and the horn as well as the style of music. " You wouldn't by any chance play on a Bach 3c?etc." the guy fell for it hook line and sinker. He said "How do you know so much?" and my mate said " Any player who knows anything about trumpet can tell".
    Truthful answer. If the guy walking down the street has a very marked button, he/she probably has a really bad technique.Players with good techniques would be virtually indistinguishable.

5. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Apparently some by the size of their ego!!!!!!

6. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    ah ok thats a good story lol

7. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    They have a soul patch and a beret.