How to play higher notes with no pressure.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patric_Bernard, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Ok gotcha. I wasn't trying to take any shortcuts, Just trying to figure stuff out as best as I can so When I do go for my performance Degree I dont look like a complete idiot lol. I do need to work on improv too though, so this will provide me ample time. I really wish you could be a personal teacher Rowuk, that would be so cool.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Patric,
    teaching brings me great joy. If you are on the right wavelength with your teacher, you can soak up soooo much. I was very fortunate to have several trumpet teachers in high school, college and then here in Germany that had/have MY interests at heart. I still take lessons from a retired almost 90 year old German. He favours a much more articulate style of playing than anyone else that I know. He can't help much with playing shows, but Mahler, Brückner and the other "Germanic" things are awesome. He has a lot of first hand experience.

If you need to work on your improv, you have from low G below to high G on top of the staff. That is quite a bit of material available - go for it! There are quite a few accomplished jazz singers that do not use much more range.
    Maybe time for an Ella Fitzgerald or Sarah Vaughan infusion?