How to play trumpet like this?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DiaxII, Feb 16, 2013.

1. DiaxII

DiaxII Pianissimo User

Oct 22, 2009
    E.Europe
    Would you marry a female trumpet player like her?

UPDATE: Taking advice (or a hint: see post #16) from Jericho I decided to adjust the post title appropriately so that the thread could come to an end sooner. (Was: 'How to play trumpet like this?')

Anyway... would you?
    (You can now disregard the original text between the '---'. Anyway, it's impossible to play trumpet like that, at least for me.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    Each time I watch this young lady on YT I wonder if she really plays or she only pretends. Obviously she does play and she is an accomplished artist in her young years.

My question is: why when I try to start a note effortlessly like her I got no sound coming out and I have to add significant air pressure behind the MP to get the note started and why when she only places the MP on her lips without making any effort she sounds so fantastic? Does she have naturally super-flexible lips that well respond to the tiny aiflow?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw8-OK1-aC0

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Perhaps it's her lipstick?:dontknow:

I mean has anyone actually looked into this... Ladies of TM... would you like to comment? OR Kingtrumpet?

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Seriously.. It's about control... embouchure tone... she has worked hard to get where she is... There is much more muscle development in her lip that meets the eye... This is how she does it... to play effortlessly like this... Well, it has to be effortless.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    By the way... Thanks allot... I've fallen hopelessly in love with the harp player.

5. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    What a perfect example of playing completely under control. Nice arrangement of a soothing melody without turning it into a high note fest. We can all play that just as sweetly,,,right? For what its worth, the violin player is very pretty too, Im jus sayin. Best wishes.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    look -- Kingtrumpet has this to say. In my community band we have (at last count) 4 women who play trumpet. NOW the one who stands out and has beautiful sound in YOUNG and just graduated with her Masters in music (trumpet). Lindsey (yes, her real name) looks like she also plays the trumpet effortlessly --- and one thing I notice (other than her uncanny attractiveness) is that she uses NO PRESSURE on her lips --- actually her lips stick OUT TO THE TRUMPET -- instead of the trumpet being pushed into her lips. TRULY there is a difference. NOW ole KT here has yet to try to determine her flavor of lipstick (not opposed to asking her, or being slapped in the case where permission was not granted --- cause that only hurts for a little while --- I am intimidated by her youthful and muscle bound boyfriend) ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Tine is a perfect example of how we should play totally relaxed. She does make it look sooo easy. And to all who struggle with dental issues Tine does all this with sleight buck teeth. She is an inspiration to all trumpet players.
    Bobby

8. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I know a couple of more students with the same teacher as Tine. Both play just as relaxed as Tine. The teachers name is Arnulf Naur Nilsen.

9. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Europeans excel at the art of playback. My guess is that it was pre-recorded. To get that kind of response out of our lips, lots of soft playing is involved. Playing softly requires more muscle strength and embouchure efficiency, and yes, the harp player is hot.

Funny how good looking musicians show up in so many videos. No Vulgani on You Tube!

10. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway