How will you vote?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by JackD, May 5, 2005.

How will you vote?

1. Conservative

100.0%
  2. Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Labour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Liberal Democrats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Uk members only... just wondering how TM members will be voting today. (UK general election)

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Don't worry... not voting!

Just wanted to say that I heard three radio ads for the three major parties and found it very interesting to get a peek at Brit politics. One was very sarcastic an used parody, one had people speaking about families and making a living, another was very direct about immigration and other issues.

Good luck and may the best candidate win.

ML

3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    I wonder how many non-UK TM members will be voting on here, just to confuse the matter?

How come no poll option for the Monster Raving Loony Party? I know that since the passing of Screaming Lord Sutch, they have been less in the public eye, but they are still getting some good points across :D

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Apparently, as many as UK members that did.

Congrats, Tony, and good luck!

ML

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Well, election over and Labour are still there. Roll on another four years of smug smiles from our illustrious leader.
    At this rate they won't be able to use their favourite excuse for when things aren't how they should be - by blaming the previous administration. They have been in for two whole terms, anything that is still wrong is now emphatically their fault.

6. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    I'm happy. We've still got a Labour government, but I think they will be a little less smug in future.

Personally, the last thing I want to see is a Tory prime minister, and if my local seat ever is a borderline one, I'll vote to keep the tory out. As it stands, it's a rebel - labour seat, but the MP has had her majority reduced with the Lib Dems coming very close indeed to pushing the tory into 3rd place.

7. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

pah!! Tory MP in my constituency now!!

doh!

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Jack - let me get this right - you are happy about Labour getting reinstated?
    So you enjoy paying for college?
    You like the prospect of there being no year during your education where you will have no exams?

The "I vote Labour to keep the Conservatives out" reason for voting is the only one that labour wanted anyone to hear. Policies? Why should they bother? So long as they are still in power, with a majority, why should they bother with decent policies??
    They have been back in power one day and David Blunkett is already back in the cabinet - a man who has lied to parliament and the country :roll:
    Roll on another four years of policies designed to keep Labour in power, rather than actually do some good for the country.

Seeing what has happened in education with Labour in power - they can only improve upon what they have stuffed up so far - I wonder how long it will be before they change everything once again?

9. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Hmm, I thought I was the only one who used colorful language to describe something. According to Paul Harvey, Blair was "spanked" by voters when the labour party lost seats in the parliment. The news couldn't have been any more clear to me! :-o

10. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Mike, since the choice is currently tory or labour, yes I prefer Labour.

I actually voted Lib Dem, but they only have 60 seats - and 314 are needed to form a government! If my constituency is ever a really marginal one, I will definitely vote labour to "keep the tories out". No matter how bad I may think labour's policies are, I am fully aware that the tories will be worse in every respect.

I've already been through school where I had exams every year, and public ones for the last 3. (And I did the new "AS level" when they dreamt it up, and in fact the marking scheme for my English A level was changed a week before the exam!) Bit of a pain in the bum, but to be honest I don't really mind exams.

Believe me, I'd much rather see Charles Kennedy making a speech at No. 10, but if I have to choose between Blair and Howard? No contest!