How you make cleaning your trumpet fun?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe I'd rather do a colonoscopy. You are truly a better man than I!

2. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    It gets much easier to take if you are teaching someone. I like to have a novice watching and learning so that it becomes a social thing. That old two birds with one stone thing. Best wishes.

3. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Actually did a cleaning yesterday on my Kanstul 1500. It goes in the mud sink disassemled with hot water and Dawn dishwashing detergent , except to valves which go in a cup. Tubing gets a run through with one of the new type snakes (Which I like better than the old ones -the old metal with the little brush on each which never were very good brushes. With the new ones, you don't have to worry about the horn being scratched by the long metal-as there is no metal). Then add hoter water, wrap horn in aluminum oil, add salt and baking soda and wait an hour. Then a clean water rinse, towel dry, and we oil, grease and reassemble.

The insides clean is not the problem for me-keeping the silver looking good is a pain.

4. EL_JMAN

EL_JMAN Pianissimo User

Sep 14, 2010
    So Cal (San Diego)
    I usally listen to music while I'm cleaning it, or I'm watching tv while I polish it....

5. Jersey Scott

Jersey Scott New Friend

Apr 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    I am a total newbie to the trumpet, now am just awaiting my first trumpet to arrive this week via UPS. I stumbled onto this site: Trumpet Care Cleaning Maintenance , which suggests that cleaning one's trumpet is somewhat oversold shall we say. Has anyone seen this site and if so how much credibility should I give its point of view?