"Howdy" to all the new folk

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Tootsall, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I see there are quite a few of you from "other than" North America signing up to participate in the Eclipse Contest. On behalf of the present members of the site I'd like to welcome you all to "TrumpetMaster". As you browse around (and you are certainly encouraged to do so) you'll see forums moderated by some pretty fair trumpet players: Mr. Wilmer Wise of "West Side Story" (although that's certainly not his only work) fame; Mr. Manny Laureano who can be found either blowing his horn in the #1 seat at the Minneapolis Orchestra (and seen and heard on the Monette website), or perhaps waving the single-stick around; Mr. Ed Caroll who teaches "here, there, and everywhere", and whole slew of others.

There are more than a few professional musicians in this site where the moderators "keep it clean" and the topic(s) are pretty much exclusively "Trumpet" and "music".

So if that's your bag we sure hope you'll not be afraid to "jump in" and contribute your two cents (or £ or euro, or whatever).

AND we sure hope you'll stay around after the contest is over. There is lots of fun to be had and it's really great to be able to get the viewpoints from other "cultures".... trumpetmike, JackD, Semmen, Frank, etc. have been around for quite a while.

So, "Welcome" and "Best Wishes" for the contest.

2. David_N

David_N New Friend

Dec 28, 2005
    Hey i'm not from North America. And this Eclipse trumpet competion sounds SUPER. Oh by the way i'm from Perth Western Australia which is like the other side of of australia where its quiet and boring. wOOt

Anyway Cya

3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    And we aren't as old as Tootsall is trying to make us sound :lol:

Nice to see some familiar faces discovering TM (but don't forget where you have come from - it is possible to post in many places, trust me :lol: )