How's Misty doing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 21, 2013.

1. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    How, indeed?!
    Pi started a new thread because I got some confusion by continuing to use the week 1 one. I'm still tootin' along. I'm halfway through Rubank Elementary, I've been playing the first page of Arbans, and long tones, scales, lip slurs. And for fun I'm learning Harlem Lullaby and Moonlight Serenade.

I have a cornet coming my way and the Claude Gordon elementary book. Still having fun. And the neighbors haven't complained yet.

2. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Arbans is hell good luck. I hate my Arbans book. I'm glad I only paid 3$ for it at a yardsale...what a score. A 3$ frustrating paperweight.

3. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Misty wrote:
    See, Misty? Every obvious and encouraging sign of a successful comeback!:lol: Keep up the good work and keep having fun!
    Jim

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    You might hate it now, and find it frustrating, but just think of the good feelings you'll have in time after you've persevered with it.
    If you truly do not feel you are benefitting from the Arban exercises, and don't have a teacher to discuss this with it might be worth tracking one down, at least just to talk to about this. (I would imagine a good teacher would give you 10 - 20 minutes attention before you decide to engage them.)

--bumblebee

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Good for you. Yesterday, the wife came home with some boxes of books that I had forgotten that I had stored over at our oldest son's house. Bonanza!!!!! It had some of the Rubanks, my old Tune-A-Day books and some charts that a good friend and musician had penned for me back in the '80's.Plus, some more church type music books and charts. Gonna be busy going through this stuff for awhile:oops:

6. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Keep it up and just play, play and play.
    I cleaned out the attic 6 months ago and found the Breeze Easy Method books that were given to me when I was 11.

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I can still do Arbans exercises from memory I learned at 9 & 10..... The bad news is most likely as poorly. :-)

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I thought the average neigbour lived at least several miles away in Australia......

Continue having fun!

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I mean, how can they... sound really doesn't travel that far during a heat wave does it? Besides, even if it did, how could you discern the horns sound over the burning brush?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  10. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    The question is, can you hear it over the hair dryer?