How's Misty doing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 21, 2013.

1. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Hi Misty,

I am a frequent visitor to their sister shop Melbourne Brass and Woodwind, they have the best range of new and secondhand instruments in Melbourne, over the years I have purchased 6 or so horns from them both new and secondhand, they have been very good to deal with. Their prices are high but in line with any other Australian store, better deals can be done online. A friend bought a new Schargel gold plated trumpet from a dealer in England, with freight and GST included saved $1400 from the price Brass and Woodwind quoted.

If you are keen on Getzen you are welcome to borrow my 1976 Eterna Severensen to get the feel of the brand, I am not using it, preferring at the moment my GSM custom Frankenhorn and my Eclipse MS (ordered in England 2008) I can relate to the desire for a new horn.

Regards, Stuart.

Richard Oliver likes this.
  2. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    What is GSM? I like the sound of a frankenhorn. :D That's a nice offer to borrow your horn and I may take you up on it when I am more in the market. Do you think the old and new Getzens are equivalent?

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    The GSM is one I put together based on a Getzen Super Delux (G) with a Selmer Deville bell (S) and improvements? by Me (M) including sheet bracing in tuning slide and bell bows nickle silver tone ring and a couple of other tweaks. I am extremely pleased with the result. will play it at big band tomorrow night.

I have not played a modern Getzen, they are not common here, I believe the agent does not carry much stock and the more expensive models have to be ordered from USA.

Regards, Stuart.

4. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi Misty,
    Brisbane Wind and Brass is a hard place to find on Enogerra Road. You need to park further back from the corner, and walk to it, as it comes up too quickly when driving down Enogerra Rd. You need to take the side entrance and up the stairs. They are OK, but do not carry the same level of stock as Melbourne. I bought my B&S Challenger II Dizzy horn from them in Brissie. Worth a look, and probably worth visiting to try horns there.

Here's the link: Ozwinds Brass and Woodwind

5. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I for one think it's pretty neat we have many folks from "down under" on our forum! Good on yous (Mix of Aussie and the Bronx)

6. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    You need an E at the end of that,A.N.A.( youse):roll::lol::oops:

7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    There used to be some good and knowledgeable Nords & Scandanavians too, but have thinned a little in the past year, we need the Chat room back (mumble...,mumble). Oh of course we still have some skilled and knowledgeable Vikings left on the forum - I was not wanting to get off-side with any of the Viking clans. Just sayin'

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I really like the way T.M. has evolved into an International Community of people who care about the trumpet, care about each other, are savvy and smart (except maybe for some of the members that use R.O.F.L. emoticons to excess). That isn't the doing of the Artists in Residence nor the Moderators, but of the members.

Peter McNeill likes this.
  9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    now that's funny --- saying people should contribute and then saying some who use a certain emoticon might NOT fit your qualifications to be savvy and smart ----- now that's funny!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    In your place KT I wouldn't have thought so - but it really made ME laugh.