How's Misty doing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    It was probably a veggie burger. Cows are sneaky that way...

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I don't care much for veal. It's like: "Oh, you're a boy, we're going to eat you!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    back on topic -- MISTY
    Freddie Hubbard 5tet - Misty [1985] - YouTube

of course, that is nice if you want a Getzen --- I would encourage you to look into a KING Silver Flair -- pre 1980 (1055T) model -- it is a sweet playing horn, and they can be found on Ebay for a song and a dance -- but that is my opinion -- many will disagree --- but Misty, if you can sing and dance, you can find a KING trumpet!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Like I said, go with the Getzen.

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Veggie burger? YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll::oops:

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I love the way Freddie used double breasted suits when he played as well... very cool.. so yes... Go with the Getzen and men that wear double breasted suits. I've got a cool one in Navy Blue...

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Misty,

if you get to Sydney in the near future (before you buy a horn) I'd be happy for you to give my Getzens a blow - I might even allow you to experience the trumpet that is Harriett (my Bravura) ;-)

8. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I wish I could say "I knew Freddie. He was a friend of mine. Doctor, you're no Freddie Hubbard," but I can't honestly say that. You do, however, do him justice in your playing. It's only the suit business that doesn't wash. Go for the Getzen and Moderators. We have wings.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am honored. You "wing it" very well!

10. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for all of these ... comments. :) I had some Amazon credit so I got the mutes I needed there, as well as some cute Protec mute socks for almost as cheap as I could make them. I needed a carry bag for my music stand too so that's all taken care of.

I'm not in a rush for another trumpet but when I do, I want a new one. It's only because I've never had a brand new horn. Even my French horn was pre-owned (by a friend though).

I was surprised at band that nobody had a silver trumpet or horn. Are they not trendy anymore? Low brass was an even mix of silver and lacquer.

Ted, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it! By the way, I found out we have a local shop called Brisbane Wind and Brass (their website is ozwinds.com.au though) and they seem like they may actually be decent. I will have to check it out. So far there are lots of guitar shops and some that have student instruments only, but I didn't know we had a real band shop.