Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tobylou8, Jul 11, 2011.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I use to walk into the showroom and look at the muscle cars.. Shelby, Boss 302 and they had a Maverick with a hopped up 302 engine .... you don't see many of them on the road anymore, probably because all the owners of that car met with a terrible fate.

2. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    My girlfriend from high school had a Maverick with a 302 in it.....she wasn't as fast as the car. :cool:

3. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well, those pre-'76 302's had great oil pumps so they were never under-lubed.........

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Blue Oval is my second or third language!:lol::thumbsup:
    I used to drool over those as well. Over the years I've owned 5 Mustangs, none of them the coveted types though. I did get to drive a Boss 302 once though. My wife's current mid-life crisis is a Red-fyre 2005 fastback with gold stripes. I'm allowed to drive it with adult supervision:lol::oops:

5. Buck with a Bach

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    A lot of those type cars ended up badly. A kid I grew up with rolled his next to new Dodge Challenger 340 in a corn field right before I got married the first time:-(:shock:

The early Mavericks tended to rust easily. Had one when I got divorced, had to replace the floorboards in that one. Orange with black stripe. Only thing high performance on that one was the stripe:lol::dontknow:

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I have a '99 Mustang GT with the overhead cam 4.6L V-8. It has a 5-speed and has been "breathed-on" a little...It would make short work of most of the "muscle cars" of the 60's and 70's, unless they're heavily modded. :shock:

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I was carpooling with a buddy of mine. He drove a Petty blue Pinto with four in the floor. He shifted from 3rd to 4th and the whole shifter same out the tranny!!:-o:-o I got concerned whether we would make it to work. He smiled, said, "No problem", and calmly put the shifter back in place. He said, "happens all the time"!!:shock::shock:

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I drove a Maverick after high school for some years. Before I sold it, some guy clipped the back of it while making a lane change during rush hour traffic. We both pulled over and before i knew it, he was flashing hundred dollar bills in my face (I never even saw him pull them out of his pocket:shock:), suggesting that we didn't really need to get the police involved.

He looked like a drug dealer ... he was nervous and fidgety and I just thought, "Right."

I grabbed the money and he took off in a blur, tires squealing. It turned out to be $700 (and the dent was really minor).:-) I thought it was a good moment to get rid of what had been up to that point, a lousy car. I sold it as is and kept the guy's (bribe?) money.:lol:

Turtle

9. Buck with a Bach

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    If it was an early one, TJ, those "ribbon" bumpers didn't protect much:-o:-(

I've also owned two Pintos and a Bobcat over the years. Lost the "New" one in the divorce, the other was a wagon with the fake woodie sides, the Bobcat was the one with the all glass hatchback, plus a really lousey paintjob. Actually blew off with an airgun when the dealership had to repaint it for warranty:-o:dontknow::oops: