Hymnbook in Bb ???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Printer

Printer New Friend

May 1, 2010
    San Francisco
    If you are playing by yourself, why not just play the hymns on your Bb trumpet as one normally would do. If you are playing with an accompanist, either transpose, which isn't difficult once you get the hang of it, or ask the accompanist to transpose down one step for you, or invest in a modest C trumpet. My best advice would be, if you have the money, buy a modest C trumpet for immediate use, and since you are a new player, wait until you have mastered the basics and have gained more confidence, and then apply yourself to transposing.

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi Printer!

Yes, that is an idea I can live with. :lol: Let the pianists do more work.

Turtle

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    As for the "modest C trumpet" .... :shock:

Wow. I thought about a C trumpet, but noticed the average price of one (in the advert section) and quickly embraced the Bb! It seems like a (physically) smaller trumpet so shouldn't it COST LESS??? :dontknow: Yes, I know, wishful thinking .... trumpets are not sold by the pound or the Yamaha Shewhorn that I want would cost LESS!

Turtle

4. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    Hello Turtlejimmy. Go to this Church internet site. (www.nvpublications.net) Unless changed,the phone # is 1-408-988-8881. North Valley Publications is located at Santa Clara CA. They have some very nice Hymnal books in any Key etc. and much more.

You can buy them with the Spiral bond binding. You can buy them Orchestrated,so you can play with the Piano and any other C instruments with your Bb flat trumpet.

The Orchestrated books are in a large print, read size and with the Spiral backing. Their newer updated Hymnal book has over 500 plus songs with some modern pieces added. Good luck

5. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Hey, I REALLY like that idea. What is all this fuss about transposing? The piano and other instruments should be transposing to US! After all, I think we all agree that trumpets are the center of the universe. Now to talk with the choir director...