I am back

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
  2. elduque

elduque New Friend

Jul 8, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    You don't need a forum to critique (or praise?) your performances to gain a sense of self-worth. Your music alone should do that. You're a much better player than I, but then again, so is everybody. Good luck and keep playin!

3. RandyTx

RandyTx Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2010
    Central Texas
    I feel like I went to sleep, and woke up on April Fool's. Somebody pinch me.

4. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    What!?!? Tell me what do you think of my playing. Is it that hard:shock::evil::-) to tell

5. The Kraken

The Kraken Piano User

Mar 28, 2007
    Gold Coast - 805
    I think it would have sounded nicer if you had a better Mic and if there was some backing track behind it. If there was a backing track I could not hear it.

Hard to say over the internet!!

6. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    no there is no backing track. why would i want backing track if I want to evaluate my playing, backing tracks only mask up the whole thing.

Remark about the mic is valid, I'll try to buy something more quality. But I do not even have a proper camer, that clip was taken by a common digital photocamera, and thats justa step above camera from comon celular phone

But still the clips are good enough to evaluate my playing -dont you think?

7. The Kraken

The Kraken Piano User

Mar 28, 2007
    Gold Coast - 805
    Someone more qualified then me can take that question, hell I'm just tyring to learn myself.

8. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    You're obviously putting time and effort into your playing, but you're still a beginner. Your tone quality and the way you kind of glide into and out of pitch give it away immediately.

Not sure exactly what kind of feedback you're looking for. Last time you kind of lashed out at everyone, but here goes.

Working on your breath support will help you improve your tone.

Working with backing tracks can help you improve your sense of rythm and timing.

It's difficult to measure "better or worse" than last time. You're still obviously a beginner, so it's kind of like asking to critique kids paintings. You can appreciate the effort that goes into them, but it's not fair to measure them against professional work.

9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    METRONOME! You need one badly. Notes don't just happen one after another. They have to be put in a context.

10. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    Congrats on the improvement!

+1