I am better than Phil Smith and Chris Martin

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tatakata, Jun 29, 2008.

1. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    and Andrew McCandless........ on Guitar Hero

2. PSH

PSH Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2007
    Minneapolis MN; Denton TX
    I have found that one's skill on this game is inversely proportional to his/her skill on the actual guitar. The better you become at this game, the worse you become at real guitar and vice versa. I play the bass and can't even get through a song on this game because I'd much rather play the music than what the game wants me to play...it's frustrating...

3. MLanghardt

MLanghardt New Friend

Apr 7, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've played guitar for eight years and can't play the game past medium :dontknow:

4. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    yeah, I've got 2 brothers who play guitar and both can't stand the game. In their heads they know the song and think of what chords to play and their fingers do all the wrong things. I don't play guitar and so have no problem with just slapping down buttons on the neck while flicking the strum switch.

5. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown

6. Vessehune

Vessehune Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Sunnyside, WA
    Why will people practice Guitar Hero for hours so they can get through a song like the one in the video, but wont spend 10 minutes practicing a real instrument? :dontknow:

I guess as a band teacher I need to get Clarinet hero, flute hero, etc......

Kids might actually practice that way!! :D

7. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Who cares tata. Anyone can press buttons on a controller. Are you in the right forumn now? This is the trumpet forumn.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  8. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    That is the most amazing thing...gee wiz. Do you realize?? 8 minutes of that stuff?? Crap that's hard. The concentration and coordination...wow. I have tried to play that danged game...and on easy level I am sweatin' my a** off gettin' through a tune! hahahaha. Dang left hand!!!

I watched my son struggle through Sweet Home Alabama (guitar solo and all)...and about had a heart attack...hahahaha. He made it though.

This kid is amazing!!!
    (though...is there a paying gig for this talent? (other than a contest for GH).

I wonder if most of you could play your "trumpets" on something this fast and with this much concentration for 8 minutes. haha.

9. Smirnus

Smirnus New Friend

Jun 24, 2008
    The O.C., CA
  10. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    is that you MJ? ROCK!!!