I am looking for a double trumpet case.....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JediYoda, Sep 14, 2011.

1. chef8489

chef8489 Piano User

Aug 8, 2011
    Asheville nc
    I really like the new Bach double trumpet cases. I just ordered one locally for 250. This is the new artisan style cases.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It is a question of money and features. I too was looking for a double, but for a bag with a strap. I looked at the backpack style but that didn't do anything for me. I settled on the Reunion Blues leather bag for a trumpet and flugel. Due to its somewhat bigger size, I can pack instruments and all sorts of other stuff. I very rarely need more than two horns for any gig.

With the wrist operations, I would suggest either a bag with a shoulder strap or a backpack type.

3. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Protec triple for max options. I use mine to carry a trumpet and cornet, removable mute case has plenty of room, side pockets for music foler and In the big zippered one, I can carry a fold up stand if necessary. Pockets at each end for oil, mouthpieces, tuner, etc. Nice strap and well built.

4. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    The Marcus Bonna cases are very light but have a hard shell. They also come with backpack straps.

They are hard to find in stock though.

5. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    Get a rolling bag. I had a 3 instrument bag, Trumpet, Flugel & Cornet as well as a bag for mutes
    I later added a strap to the handle since I am tall

6. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
  7. tpsiebs

tpsiebs Piano User

Feb 6, 2010
    Randolph, New Jersey
    This was a heavy albeit protective solution to your problem.

I can't recommend my Gard bag enough however, I hope you're happy with your purchase.

8. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    Here is the link to Dilons Pro tec with wheels
    Dillon Music - Pro-Tec iPac Quad Trumpet Case with Wheels
    I am sure they have other ones, I have seen them on their site but I have a tough time finding things on their new site

I have a bad back and can carry nothing
    A wheelie is the way to go. The triple case I had for years held Flugel, Trumpet, Cornet & mutes
    If you are tall check to see if the handle is long enough.
    If you, like the case but it is not long enough, just put a belt to extend it.
    It make it MUCH easier to tag along

9. Jamesl

Jamesl New Friend

Mar 29, 2010
    Washington State
    This is two years late but it may be useful to someone: I have the Gard leather single trumpet case, really liked it and ordered another. big enough to carry trumpet or cornet. I ordered a Gard triple leather based on the single and sent it back. It was too short for my horns, too tight to fit three, and had two slabs of foam to seperate the trumpets which I felt was inadequate. I tried all kinds of loading combinations and none worked. Wheels if you can't lift and live in the city. But wheels don't work in gravel and mud and the extra structure weighs more if you have to pick it up. My 02.