I did it! I'm so excited!

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by trumpet blower88, Nov 8, 2005.

1. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I won myself a spot in the full symphony orchestra at my school. The odd thing is I got in on french horn... not trumpet...

Either way it's going to be exciting. I was in the lower orchestra last year and the year before. But we really wern't very good, we always played lousy arrangements of things like The Firebird Finale, and Romeo and Juliet Overture, they were quite boreing arrangments that really didn't require to much practice/attention to the music. But now I'll be playing the real stuff, like Pines of Rome, and Rite of Spring! I'm so excited!

I really can't belive I got in on horn and I've only been playing a few months. This is going to be fun.

2. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    Congratulations! :grouphug:

Good job getting in. I remember how I felt when I made the advanced jazz band at my school last year. Not the same type of music, but it's a big accomplishment.

Be sure to practice! :cool:

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Congrats, 88! I rememberr when I first made the symphony at Crane...we did Dvorak 8, Ibert Escales...great times. What a feeling to break through, isn't it?