I don't have to work today!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    WooHOO!!!

It's snowing like a good, old fashioned Minnesota winter snow storm and my show got cancelled... WOOHOO!

My only regret is that it was with Roger Norrington doing the Brahms German Requiem. The rehearsals were were terrific and great fun. I really enjoy Sir Roger. Very smart guy and easy to work with. WONDERFUL ideas about non vibrato playing and singing.

But, hey.. I've got 6 hours of 24, season two to catch up with and a bottle of Laphroaig Scotch that was given to me for doing that Iraq telecast.

Life is good (thank G-d)

ML

2. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Nice! You sound just like me when school got snowed out as a kid...well, without the scotch...

And I think we're all secretly a little glad you didn't say you were going to practice all day!

Jason.

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Manny, I just got my driveway opened. You need someone to help you pour that Scotch?

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Aren't we back to the leather "club chair", the butler with the tray holding a bottle and a whiskey glass, and the announcement "your next entry is in 24 bars, Sah."?

Glad you are enjoying it, Manny.... but I thought that black, Bavarian rocket didn't need a clean driveway? :D

Temps forecast for 60 F here on weekend. Maybe time to wash the car?

5. SamTheMan

SamTheMan New Friend

Jun 30, 2005
    My show tonight got canceled as well!

Now that I have all this spare time...I'm tempted to try out this 24 thing! One of my friends has every 24 box set known to man. I'm a little scared, though. The show's addictive powers took over Manny...then TM...and soon, the entire human race.

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    With any luck, that'll be me tomorrow!

7. Dave

Dave Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Manny,

Any chance Friday's concerts will be canceled too?

A good weekend!

-cw-

9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    The snow storm his us so fast. It took me 5 hours to drive home. On a clear day it takes 30 minutes.
    My jazz ensemble was canceled and the symphony I play in was canceled.

10. Tooter Tutor

Tooter Tutor New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    Hudsonville, Michigan
    Manny-
    Sounds like you'll have some quality time out in your shanty on the ice with that bottle and the wide screen tv.

Hope the walleye and musky are biting. Are your tip-ups custom or off the shelf?