I don't know, is it just me or . . .

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Venturion, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Venturion

Venturion New Friend

Aug 24, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    . . . does any one else find the recent emergence of political "bumper-stickers" in some posts a little too in-your-face, regardless of one's political leanings?

I highly value the contributions of ALL the posters here, and enjoy this environment as being a respite from divisiveness, being focussed on matters of artistic endeavor.

The loud and visual politicking trashes the elevated tone of neutrality here, in my opinion. Can't we leave it out?

The American election cycle is long and dreary, nasty, offensive and corrupt. We will be gagging on it plenty soon enough elsewhere. THIS forum, in any case, is international in scope, and concerned with much better purposes.

-- Venturion

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I couldn't agree with you more.

ps: Vote Dizzy!
    ROFL

3. Firestas'1

Firestas'1 Piano User

Dec 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    My sentiments exactly. I dread the ad's on TV and everywhere else, this should be a haven away from that stuff.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    ROFLROFLROFLROFL

5. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    Good call Venturion. I like this place alot more now that the Religion/Politics Forum is closed. These are just a reminder, Plus, if you'd lurked around long enough you pretty much know how most folks feel politically.

Although I'm no fan of sensorship, I'd say the same could go for the avatars. Enough with the photos of Bush in front of the "Mission Accomplished" banner or of Hilary picking her nose.

Tony

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I would like to see the politically oriented signatures banned as well, but watcha gonna do?:dontknow:

7. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    This topic has been previously brought up, and the administrator is aware of it. I would suggest that this thread be moved to the lounge. Keep Manny's forum clear of these issues.

8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The point was made and the "Bumper Stickers" are gone.

-cw-

9. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    It did bug me, I'm glad there gone.

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    maybe the people with the politically motivated Avatars have nothing in their life that would make a suitable substitute? Danial Barenboim picking his nose would be better than Hilary, or Manny with a Mission Accomplished banner in front of his youth orchestra - the rite of spring is one heck of a mission!