I enjoy reading all of your posts!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Jan 25, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    As the past few weeks have gone by I have found myself at this computer more and more. I read your posts and say that I love to see all of you here. I don't always agree, but I enjoy reading them all.

I'm about to have another major surgery (after 4 heart last year, and now they are going to take out my right kidney and gallbladder due to a tumor). I need to finish getting my band ready for festival prior to going in and having this done. I find that the pain is worst at night, and getting up to read your posts has been something that brings me a little peace. Thanks to you all for being a part of my life, even if in a small way.

Maybe I have a strange way of looking at things, but when you become ill at a young age (47), you become a little more thankful for things. Reading your posts is my way of stopping to smell the roses as I walk along the path of life. Again, thanks to you all!
    :grouphug:

2. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    Your students are very fortunate to have such a dedicated teacher! You certainly have my prayers as you go to this next operation.

Roy

3. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    You are being very generous and kind with your comments.
    If you feel more comfortable "over here", I can understand how that may be so; I can relate to it, as well.
    I have learned a great deal in a short time. I am one who has knowledge "an inch deep, and a mile wide". Going through life trying to experience a bit of everything has its' drawbacks.
    I'm sure I say with this post, that we all ... are greatful for your contributions.
    God be with you, friend -- and a speedy recovery.

Robert Rowe

P.S. -- Do they allow you to have a laptop in the hospital?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Good Luck with the surgery. I hope everything works out for you!

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Be well.

6. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Bandman, take it easy. You're a great person and an awesome friend, and I enjoy reading your posts.

I'm keeping ya in my prayers. Get well, and God bless you!

I hope your band gets highest marks at contest!

Lara

7. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Good luck and God Bless.

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Me too: Good luck and God Bless.

Jim

9. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Thanks for the kind words, but I was really just trying to thank y'all for being so great! I love this site simply because there are so many nice people here! Too often people complain about things, but never say thanks, which is exactly what I was trying to do here.

10. jpkaminga

jpkaminga Pianissimo User

Jul 1, 2004
    Boston
    I hope you get well soon bandman, and I feel the same way about this site,

I think sometimes I forget that you can say thank you on the internet, so to all on the site thanks, its awesome to smell such lovely roses here every day