I Get Misty

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 3, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I got misty listening to misty play misty. Thanks so much... it was everything I could have imagined... and more. I REALLY love the sound of an Ambassador. And misty made it sound effortlessly. Very fine work my dear... [he pauses to wipe eyes with a hanky] very fine work!

2. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Doing great, Misty, especially given the time you've been back at it!:thumbsup:
    Jim

3. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Now now, no crying into your beer ... that will get you REALLY misty....

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The stuff below low C wasn't fat and rich enough, gmonady. Funny how "fat," "rich" and "gmonady" all fit nicely into one sentence, like "skinny," "poor" and "Vulgano Brother."

@mistysj: loved the music you made!

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Misty, with triplets I was taught to attack them with the following phrase at my tongue "tripletee". That gives me the metre for the triplet.

I suspect, (and remember I'm only a retired maintenance engineer and comeback trumepteer) that you need more air for those low attacks. But you are braver than me posting a solo for constructive critique - kudos.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You have been reading in way too much to Kingtrumpet posts. :troll:

7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Morning Gary! It's just about bedtime dowm here.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Morn'en Misty... For me, it's time to go to work... the long day is beginning... when I leave the clinic at 5 PM, I head to University of Dayton to rehearse with the quintet, then head to the big band rehearsal and will not get home until 10 PM. So sweet dreams as my day takes over on this side of the world.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    THANK YOU -- I THOUGHT FOR AWHILE THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO KNEW THIS!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ----- (can a jazz player count???? only to the number 10) ROFL ROFL ROFL ----- wait a minute, did you hear about the new genre of music BAREFOOT JAZZ???? --- those players can count to 20!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I think you missed a word VB -- here let me add it in --- FAT, RICH, CAT, gmonady ------ after all he plays JAZZ you know, like the original HEP-CATS ---- maybe that is the word --- FAT, RICH, hepCAT gmonady --- ROFL ROFL ROFL