I Get Misty

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 3, 2013.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Spooky ..... not in bed yet, he! he!

2. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Well it is the best day of the year. Just ask her. She will back me up on this.

3. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    My wife's and her twin is on the 16th. Happy Birthday, Misty:oops::cool:

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Misty, I am so happy for you. This is an absolutely fabulous horn; just make sure it plays nicely with it's brother... Ambassador. Remember, we all have quirks. (I believe the have something to do with holding our protons and neutrons in place - Unless of course you're KT, in which case it's just plasma)

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That must mean you are in the buff. Buffing begats shiny ya know

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I was kinda thinkin' flying around will get dicey without a full staff of flight controllers ... assuming the U.S. Government still starts layin' off employees. Too, if your trip has anything to do with U.S. Gov the whole concept can be shredded and deleted from all the computers. They've already cancelled two of our daughter's training seminars, one at Great Lakes (Chicago) and the other at Norfolk VA. My wife and I were looking forward to driving up to Norfolk to overnite with her. Yeah, she's a U.S. Navy civilian employee.

Otherwise, Hip Hopping Birthday!

7. Etiennse

Etiennse Pianissimo User

Nov 20, 2011
    Orange, Nj
    Classic ROFL

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I enjoyed the soundcloud cut. You are coming along nicely. Try to restrain yourself a bit on the low part so you don't spread those notes apart.

It's nice to see pix of the horn we PM'd about. Looks really nice!! Don't forget to post another clip for us with it once you have gotten to know it.

Happy Birthday tomorrow. I have scads of Aebersold Playalongs. Go the the website
    Jamey Aebersold Jazz: Aebersold Play-A-Longs

and pick one, and if I have it, I will send it to you as a birthday present. Let me know!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  9. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    That's amazing! Thank you, Ted!

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Randy Newman is one of my favorite songwriters, and his irony and sarcasm strike a major chord (heh-heh) in this guy from the Pacific Northwest, where passive-aggressive is normal. Anyway, Randy Newman writes bigoted songs because he is the opposite. Great tunes, though!

Happy Birthday!