I Get So Upset

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetsplus, Jul 9, 2011.

1. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    I read an article in the NYT that indicated that memorization is not something that some people can do and some can't, it is a trained skill. There are many tricks to memorization, but you have to practice it. My motivation for learning to memorize songs and memorizing more songs, is to be able to play outside when it is windy.

Of course the better the song is, the more memorable...

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    For all the women out there that read this thread, you know my posts are all equal opportunity. So this answer could apply to either sex, right? In this case I do believe Myszolow is referring to the "repair man stereotype" that when bending down, has their tool belt tug a bit on the pants. Right Myszolow. Isn't that what you mean?

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Don't worry all you TM posters reading KT's pained remark. He won't stay mad very long... He's demented! [Lack of oxygen from blowing too long and hard on his Asymmetric]

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    of course to be truthful -- I would definitely pay more attention to a female conductor -- I am a single guy and that has absolutely no influence on my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROFL

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    no -- I'm not mad -- now that I just revolutionized my thinking -- women have the best memories. This is true -- you go home and tell your wife this as your taking out the trash or washing dishes ---------"WARDEN IS THIS PART OF MY WORK RELEASE PROGRAM" ---- she will never forget that ---- and will remind you for the rest of your life- ---I dare you -- go ahead and try it -- you'll see ---- I'm right ---- I double dare you guys to do thatROFLROFLROFL

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Did you go to the same high school as I did? By what you written, I may think so as Sousa was the agenda and during WWII that was about the only music we had available. Julius FuciK's Entry of the Gladiators written in 1857 was first used by Ringling Bros as the song for entry of the clowns into the ring and that was before Ringling brothers bought Barnum & Bailey and combined their circuses. It was to Ringling Bros that Dr. Cameron went when he left Sousa. He left Ringling when their tent burned in Hartford CT.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    ...OK...excluding Kingtrumpet of course!;-)

8. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Yes! We can all recite the alphabet (from memory).

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    BTW; Agree that there are some tunes that trumpeters need to practice until they play it intuitively. The section needs to be clear, and perhaps have some rehersals to ensure the section is OK. Just having the music in their sights is enough of a confidence booster for brain fade.

BTW Ivan, nice BLOG. Thanks

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Not all can spell, though (and sadly enough) not all can read.