I Get So Upset

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetsplus, Jul 9, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

5. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but there is a happy ending:
    Vindicated!

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh - well this was the Stars and Stripes --- I suppose it is still a happy ending (just wasn't the Star Spangled Banner I was thinking about) ---- nonetheless, it's interesting that you mention this -- because in my community band the trumpet section is the only section that stands during the ending. I never knew why, except NOW perhaps at some time in our past we had the same comments that we didn't know the music.
    albeit, this was only my 2nd season in the band anyhow ---- I never asked the WHY WE STAND QUESTION ------- and being in the 3rd trumpet section, I pretty much dislike our part where we (have a few lines with the trumpet harmony, a few lines with the french horns, and I think a few lines with the low brass) ------ NOW ME, since I don't like the version, pretty much only play F's, and G's, and an occasional C's (in the staff and below staff) --- through out the whole song, life is so much easier that way, instead of playing the actual song --- oh well, it always sounds good, and F's, G's, and C's seem to harmonize with everything else going on in the song!!

7. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    Ivan :

I'm with you ,several years ago i went back to my old HS for a band concert, right up front i noticed all the players heads buried in the stands,nobody looked at the conductor ,,,ever !:shock:they were so focused on the music that they got out of sync ,and sounded like pounded pudding for half a song.

Flash back to 1975 : we were taught to know the music ,enough so we could look at the conductor for several measures if needed at any time,and then pick up where we left off ,cant remember if we memorized the marching stuff for football games but we did use lyres for street marching ,however we were warned that if we had our faces in them we would be running into the guy in front of us at some point ,because we had to stop and march in place at times during parades,i know this because one of the bone players split his lip about half way through a street march :-o.

Dean_0

8. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    Give them lyres.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    ...with their pants on fires.

10. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User