i got a pen stuck in my trumpet!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by amr67644, Dec 14, 2008.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    A good teacher will recognise that mistakes sometimes happen and may help you both learn from your "collective experience". Collective because as soon as you expose yourself like this, the experience becomes mutual. You've chosen to share with us - thank you, now I know how to get a pen out of my trumpet without the drama of the direct experience. Never, ever stop asking intelligent questions - and remember it takes courage to 'expose' your foibles - well done.

2. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    So the teacher you are refering to is your band director and not a private instructor. Do you have a private trumpet instructor? If not, you should get one... this is the teacher I believe Rowuk was referring too.

3. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You have got to relay this tale of woe in detail...this is a first! Can't you just turn your trumpet bell downward give it a couple of gentle hits and shake it loose?

Simply amazing...

4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    This would be the last time that I would be writing letters and playing trumpet at the same time.

Best wishes,

Lloyd