I had to buy it because...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by simoncroft, Jan 9, 2014.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    You can always tell her that the company called the bike in for necessary repairs and that it proved irrepairable... That's what I told my mother when I sold her car to prevent her from driving any more (she's 84 and suffering from dementia, which lead to her driving away and not finding her way home again, or saying: "Oh, those nice red, amber and green lights - is it Christmas yet?")

2. mattiasc

mattiasc Piano User

Jan 14, 2013
    I stopped making up excuses. they are woman they see trough them.

grz

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Went to check out a "Bach" trumpet ... a golf shaft was cut down and used for the lead pipe .. a metal fitting then added to act as the receiver ... did not want it ... the guy tells me he is under going chemo to treat his leukemia .... honestly, we figured this was going for beer money to help through the treatment ... "we" meaning Cathy was with me again ... and we discussed this all the way home looking at our new $20 possession... it is currently in the parts bin.

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Good for playing "Under the Double Eagle", "Bye Bye Birdie", "Eagle Squadron"...well, you get the joke...;-)

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    The best excuses are the ones you don't make up. That's not to say there aren't better ways of presenting the honest excuse, or better times to present them. E.g. I would tend not to talk about spending money for fun just after a utilities bill arrives.

--bumblebee

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    It was too good of a deal to pass up - I'd have never found that kind of a deal on it again.

7. Paul Du Bourg

Paul Du Bourg Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2006
    JHB
    Hey Guys,

Got the right trade in price on the Thruxton.

Take delivery of the 675 on wednesday.

Yikes...126HP.

Wife was surprisingly calm, in fact, I don't think it's sunk in yet.

Will be interesting to see if the week ends uneventfully.

Cheers

Paul

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh, this so doesn't work for me. The last time I brought Orchids home, the first response out of my wife was: "So who have you been sleeping with"! Gotta love a marriage based on trust, you know.:bash:

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sometimes, shock can work in amazing ways.

Paul, PM me if the week should take a turn for the worse should the recovery from shock go in the wrong direction. I can legally write for you [her] a prescription that will put her back into a blissful state of shock. Yep, that's the kind of service we provide for our Members here at TM.

Disclaimer: The viewpoint expressed in this post is that of the author, and has no reflection as to the position of the Administrator of this site

10. mattiasc

mattiasc Piano User

Jan 14, 2013
    It is in the woman's nature to be suspicious. Do not take it personally, it has nothing to do with trust.
    They just can't help it.

grz.