I have a Beatles emergency!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by maestro76, Apr 17, 2007.

1. maestro76

maestro76 New Friend

Apr 17, 2007
    Illinois
    Dear Friends,

Does anyone have a transcription of the piccolo part to "Penny Lane" by the Beatles?? I am joining a faculty talent show band next month on a version of the song and need the music. I have not been able to find it anywhere. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!!!

2. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    I am so sorry. I covered that for Sound Choice Karaoke but I just didn't keep the transcription. We were doing so many tunes back when I did that, that I would just basically have a skeleton of a transcription and then toss the chart. What a goof.

You say you have a month before this concert. You can be done with transcribing this in about an hour. This is no emergency! You can do it!!

I wish you the best. Hope you have some fun doing it! (btw...I didn't own a pic so I used a D tpt. ha. I'm sure yours will sound even more authentic!)

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
  4. melkor24601

melkor24601 New Friend

Oct 30, 2006
    Kansas, USA
    There's a link to a transcription on this page (about halfway down).

Neville Young

Hope it helps.

5. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    There you go! I only question the key signature at the end in that transcription...but it sure doesn't matter, since all the notes are accurate.

You knew it was out there. ha. I had forgotten that there was so little to this. My estimate of an hour to transcribe...a little off. Maybe 10 mins. ;-)

Vulgano and melkor... you guys are great.

6. maestro76

maestro76 New Friend

Apr 17, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks all for your help. The link worked great! Now, to the woodshed...

What a fantastic resource.

Chuck

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Make sure and use the piccolo pitched to "A". It's much easier (assuming it's the original key).

ML

8. MU37strd

MU37strd New Friend

Apr 7, 2006
    Moscow, Pa
    i know there is a canadian brass book for the beatles album but i'm not sure if they are exact transcriptions.