I have asthma should i still play the trumpet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by longmvu, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Dr. Mike, I didn't think you were addressing me directly either, but I hope my detailed expose helped augment your effort to prevent misinterpretation. More than just the aerobic benefits, I just don't think anyone can believe how much playing all these "brass beasts" helps "improve your > [my] quality of life".

No, I havn't yet recovered the capability I had regained in my first comeback after 44+ years in 2006-2009, but it hasn't been due to the medical issues, but the dental that I just completed this past year, only a couple of months ago with present full upper denture and partial lower denture (I've only 4 lower natural teeth left). Yes, it's a task to rebuild a lip - embouchure, but I did it once and forsee no rationale why I can't do it again. Presently, at least I'm far ahead of 4 5th grade beginners I'm tutoring which is not to say the first book exercises I now demonstrate to them are not now also helping me.

2. Angelajohn

Angelajohn New Friend

Jun 6, 2013
    I think just using in healer for asthma is not a solution or cure you need proper medication for this, even you can try some home remedies like eating ginger, garlic nicotine drinking coffee, I personally use veggie juices for this, it's very effective for me.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    While alternative medicine is good, daily inhaled steroids is the most helpful medication you can use. No persistent asthmatic should be without this medication. By the way, 5 cups of coffee is equal to one theophylline dose.