I have NOTHING to talk about!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Heavens2kadonka, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Does anyone here have those days where you feel like theres nothing here to really reply to? :D

Van

2. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Wait a minute, you said that you had nothing to talk about, yet here you are talking about not having anything to talk about.

This has me perplexed... :-? :shock: :?: :dontknow: :stars: :huh: :troll:

Lara

3. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Lara, haven't you read enough of my posts to realize that I am a naturally confusing person? :lol:

Its late, and I don't have anything to do! Its so weird.. :dontknow:

My normally busy email is unusually dormant.

I would be out either with my college group watching movies or with my high school group playing D&D, but theres an ice storm thats going to hit in about a half an hour....

I would go out and practice, but my lips feel like leather. I need to invest in some chopsaver sometime soon. I'm actually going to have to miss a day of practice to get my chops back to 100%. Vaseline takes about two days to work for me..... :x

I also kind of feel like venting immaturely. So here goes..

FEMALES. Bah, FEMALES!!

I've been in the process of reconcilling with an old gf, and it kind of reached its boiling point today. Words were said, she revealed shes still seeing (or "talking to") someone else....

So basically, I wasted about..... 50 hours of my life (That cannot be replaced, mind you) to COME BACK TO THE CONCLUSION I REACHED THE LAST TIME WE PARTED WAYS (She's *waaaay* too high-maintenance for me)!!!

Its aggravating, not only because of the wasted time, but because I was ignorant enough to do this TWICE.... :x

Van

4. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Van, I'd like to introduce you to the missus. She's in that picture to the left.

Follow my lead and life will be muuuuch happier.

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Oh boy, a nothing topic ....

Dating ... such fun! I am ever glad I am married to a wonderful woman. I disliked dating a bunch at times. In some other ways, I met some wonderful people and shared some nice moments.

I decided (stubbornly) that I wasn't going to get married until I was done with graduate school. I got my doctorate at age 27 because of my strong focus on the task at hand. But the dating I did had some unusual twists and turns. Here are a few of my adventures (all of them are true).

In graduate school, a very nice lady I knew from class asked me to go for coffee after class. I agreed (I don't drink coffee, but hey...). We spent about a hour talking and I asked her to a dinner and a movie. She accepted. We went to the dinner and the movie, had a nice time, and I took her home. At that point she says to me "I would invite you in, but my husband might be home by now ..." Ooops. She never wore her wedding ring. I envisioned a man coming out of the house with a shotgun. Ugh.

When I first entered graduate school, I met this college senior working in my lab. I asked her out and we had a nice time (no nothing happened for those of you with dirty minds). I asked her again the next week and she responded, "I had a wonderful time, but after going out with you, I have come to the conclusion that I am a lesbian." Oh that made me feel great.

One of the most sensual women (not sexy, sensual) I had met had asked me to come over for dinner. Candlelight, great conversation .... wine. Nice. About an hour after dinner, we are talking and she says to me "I thought I would let you know I am pregnant." Oh my ... It turns out that the father took off and she thought I was one of the best candidates she had ever met to be a good husband and father. I wasn't ready for that at age 26 in the middle of a dissertation.

But the worst one ... a friend I knew from the Christian college I went to calls me to say she is flying through Denver (I used to live near Denver) on her way to California and had a 5 hour layover. Would I be interested in meeting her at the airport and having dinner. Sure. Now we dated a little in college, but went our separate ways before anything got even close to serious. I take her from the airport to a nice restaurant in Denver and we eat. With about 3 hours to her plane leaves, she asks if I would like to go with her to a hotel.
    :shock:
    I was stunned. She explained her motive (not a cheap night ... she knew I was above that). She really wanted to have a child. She thought since she knew me and that I had my doctorate, I would "supply" some great genes. Yea, right.
    :noway:
    She found someone else who was more willing. The last I heard she was a big time manager of an oil company, single, with a 14 year old kid. Never married, and probably never was going to be ...
    :thumbdown:

Believe it or not, I could tell about eight more stories like that. I dated until I was 34 and then got married. Let me tell you, the right lady is worth the effort.

The wrong lady is a waste of time. A great book on dating I read (occupational hazard as a therapist) suggested that after HS, you can tell what you need to know after three dates. After three dates, you are either testing the waters for marriage or you are wasting your time. If you know after three dates this is not the kind of person you want to marry, skip it. You are wasting time and energy. Ladies are always looking for gentlemen and vice-a-versa. But snots and gentlemen don't mix. Jerks and ladies don't mix. Let the jerks marry the snots. A lady should always find a gentleman.

OK, who put the dime in my ear to get me going? :?: :lol:

6. soontir2432

soontir2432 Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Queens, New York, USA
    Maybe you should've thought of that first before getting them Kelly mouthpieces. :bleah:

7. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Y'know, I need to actually follow that advice, for once. I'm a *BIT* slow when it comes to the lady-folk. :dontknow:

Van

8. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    ROFL ROFL

Sorry, Doc, that was just too much.

But I think I've found the perfect mistress. She ain't pretty in most people's eyes, but to me, she's gorgeous. She has a beautiful voice, and loves to be held. We usually go for at least 3 or 4 dates a week, sometimes 5, but that just depends on schedules, and we always have a blast. But we also spend some intimate time, she loves Harry James, and some of Wynton's stuff as well. She's always there when I need her, and has yet to let me down.

You can see her in that pic to the left. Yup, don't know where I'd be without my Studio :cool:

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Hmm, I looked to the right and saw the microphone and wireless mouse "receiver". No trumpet though.

There IS a picture on the left, however. :bleah:

Go get some sleep, Michael. :D

10. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    It's been a loong day. I had an orchestral audition at 10, and then a basketball gig at 4. Plus just the normal college lifestyle. Cut me some slack...