I heard from Lara (Silverstar) today........

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Sep 7, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    She is having a good time. She complimented Leigh for being so nice!

Lara is such a class act!!!! If she ever needs a home I'll claim her as my daughter!

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    I should be seeing her tomorrow (I'm up at Eclipse picking up a beautifully plated flugel) - I will see if she will pass on a message to the TM faithful

3. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Hello everybody!

It's absolutely gorgeous here! I love the workshop...I want to learn how to build trumpets now. lol.

Actually, that's where I am at the moment.

I got to play Trumpetmike's new flugel too. Gorgeous horn, Trumpetmike. Mike and Dan's horns are here too, they're still being cleaned and such, but they are beautiful!

Oh yeah, England is nice too! lol. No, seriously, it is. I love it!

Anyway, I'll talk to ya'll later!

Lara

4. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Hey, dont forget...post lots of pics if you can. :-) :-) ;-) We all would really love to share the experience with you as best we can. Glad to hear you are having a great time!!

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    :thumbsup:

-cw-

6. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    What about mine, Lara, please? :-?

7. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Quite honestly, I can't remember which one was yours! *blush* If it was the gold plated Bb that I first saw...which now that I think about it I think Leigh said it was yours....it was absolutely gorgeous.

I have to admit that everything I saw there today was absolutely GORGEOUS and I'm in love.

Man, I really want to learn to make trumpets now. That would just be too cool.

Lara

8. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi All

Who can post a pic for me as i dont have a host area myself?

Lara watched me do the prelim polish to her trumpet this afternoon and you guy's need to see the picture of her before going into the polishing room! :lol:
    She probably won't thank me for this but i'll have to live with that i guess.

We had many of the parts pre made prior to Lara arriving so that it would be possible to make the horn in the time we needed and then plate it too.
    However she has watched much of the build process which was helped along in good time as there were 4 of us as a team working on it.

Noel Langley very kindly drove up this morning from London to help Lara choose a model and to give her trumpet lessons.

It is a pleasure to have Lara here, and her mother also as she was in the workshop today from morning till afternoon and showed great interest in what we do. (cool mom!)

A lot of pictures have been taken already, but i will leave Lara to show those when she is ready

Best Wishes

Leigh

9. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Leigh,

Email me the image you want to post. I'll put it on my personal site and then post it on TM.

You can do this any time! I have much more space than I'll ever use.

Send it to [email protected]

Tell Lara hi, and give her a hug (I think you English folk call it "proper cuddles") from me!

Dave

10. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Dave

Thanks a lot but the images have already gone to the Eclipse webmaster to be put up.

I will remeber that for next time though, a very kind offer thankyou

Regards

Leigh