I just want to be a trumpet player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetgirl612, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    I don't know why I have the need to add to a well done thread, but here goes.
    I do feel bad for you, Em. I know you're just a kid. You're going to have to toughen up a bit. Also, you really need to think about what you say & post before hitting that 'submit' button. I have often cringed when reading some of your posts and have been tempted to say something about it sooner. Maybe I should have. Hey, I know you're just having some fun but it's the Dad in me coming out. I have a daughter your age and I worry...
    No harm, no foul Kiddo. You've got friends here. chalk it up to a learning experience, and don't let anyone get you down.
    Now, go change that sig tag!

2. Youri le god

Youri le god Pianissimo User

Jan 23, 2004
    London, UK
    I try and stay away from the Lounge over at TH. It's more like a teenage girl's sleepover but with the addition of middle aged men...hmmmm dodgy ground indeed.

3. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Alex,

I have a bit of an un-orthodox approach with my children, however I believe it to be the best for the times in which we live.

I just try to keep it real! I really believe that later in life they'll thank me for it.

Best wishes to ya! And thanks for all that you've done for me! :D

4. hunsicker

hunsicker New Friend

Oct 4, 2004
    Reno, NV
    I hope I'm not repeating what someone else has already said -- some of the responses have only been skimmed.

That said, here goes:

I think you should give some thought to the "glass half full" perspective. The world is full of folks who wish they were much more attractive than they are and wish they were getting more of that kind of attention.

Hearing complaints like this is kind of like hearing Sinead O'Connor complain how much it hurts her when someone merely recognizes her in public and gives her so much as a second glance over it. Poor her. Boo-hoo.

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Okay, everybody...

I think TG has gotten the message and at this point any further opinion is superfluous. Let's not pig-pile on TG after the point's been made repeatedly.

Thanks for your interest and I believe it's enough now.

Thank you,

ML

6. hunsicker

hunsicker New Friend

Oct 4, 2004
    Reno, NV
    I believe I was making a point that was not yet made and one that I considered important. If that particular point was already made, then my apologies for the redundancy.

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Take note of the word "everybody". That means it wasn't addressed solely to you, Bill.

ML