I must ask this difficult question of the members

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by roguemodel, May 12, 2012.

1. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    That's a good idea!

2. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    I would be pretty damn mad if I had to wait nearly a year for my horn, and not hear anything. I'd like to know my horn is not lost in the shuffle of things. If it takes a year to get the best job done it might be worth the wait.

It would be nice if Mr. Green would let his customer know. If dad was or is in hospice many customers will understand.

3. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    I think Rowuk presented a wonderful idea and a possible solution. Someone from the TM forum who is "into computers/communication software" who also needs restoration work done on a brass instrument should contact Tom by certified mail and offer to set-up a computer/communication program. It certainly would help Tom respond to follow-up calls, emails or whatever communication to his customers on a regular basis. The one willing to do that could negotiate with Tom for a discount on retoration costs. Tom may not understand computers or software applications as a communication tool and might be pleased that someone offered to help him. You may be a player (not a restorer) and have computer/software skills to help Tom contact his customers more quickly and ease the concerns, stress and tension. It could be that he is feeling stressed himself and working around the clock to catch-up. I also think Brekelefuw's idea was a good one, too. Is there anyone who lives near Tom Green who would go to see him at his place of business to determine what the delays are being caused by? He may have good reason that we aren't aware of that has affected his time to work at restoring the musical instruments he has taken in for work. There could be good reasons for the delays due to Tom's health or that of a family member and no one wants to "pile on" the guy when he may be having problems and is behind in "catching-up" with his workload.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Hey, WT?? I just finished posting on this topic. Am I hallucinating? Do we have two threads going on the same thing?

5. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Too many high C attempts :-)

6. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    It gets more interest, these people are concerned about their horns.

Sir, I have seen some posts from you in the past few days that makes you look bad IMO. I do not think you would want to come across as someone like that if you were to meet any of us in person. I do not know you, so I do not know what you are like. I would like to think you are nice person and a good player, but I am having a hard time thinking that after I have seen some of your posts. I think I speak for more then myself when I ask this, please lighten up and be happy. You will not have another June 9th, 2012 again so make it the best June 9th, 2012 you can make it!

7. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    OK, FWIW, the photos are not crisp and sharp, but here is a trumpet that was restored by these guys Repairs - The Windsmith in San Diego in 2006 for $1045.

1958 C.G. Conn 38B Constellation Trumpet | eBay

I did not order the restoration, it was done by another owner. I do not know how long it took them or what kind of communicating they do or do not do, so I cannot outright recommend them. What I can tell anyone reading this thread, is that this shop, and perhaps others, might be viable alternates and if I had another horn I wanted to restore, I would go to them first and wouldn't waste a minute's thought about Mr. Green. He may be a very nice man and if I knew him personally, I might feel great sympathy for his inability to manage his customer-relations professionally. But personally - with my money, my horn, and my time - I wouldn't put up with this ridiculous bullshite for one nanosecond.

8. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.

It was posted on the other thread that Tom Green suffered an injury to his foot las fall, then his father had some physical problems. Please, cut him some slack!
    Sometimes, "life throws us a curve ball." Tom is a One Man Show. He has many testimonies as to how good he is. It is too easy too jump to conclusions. Have mercy.
    Best Regards

9. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I'm not going to jump back and forth. Can't the Moderators merge these threads or close one?

patkins, I just finished a longer comment on the other thread. In summary - yes, we all have problems. Judging from the many comments, though, it seems that Mr. Green has shown over time that 1.) he's good at what he does, 2.) he seems to be relatively incompetent at customer communications. This seems to be a characteristic that is there whether there are other problems or not. If the problems go away, his lack of communication seemingly would not improve. Therefore, stating the obvious is neither jumping to conclusions nor being unsympathetic to other hardships he may encounter. It's just the way it is.

Basta! I'm outa this back-and-forth on two different threads.

10. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Have fun!