I need help identifying this trumpet I recently bought

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by beartree, Jan 14, 2012.

1. beartree

beartree New Friend

Jun 29, 2010
    Canada
    I need help identifying anything about this horn.
    It is in pretty pour shape and is pretty banged up as well as missing the beginning end of the lead pipe. The lacquer and everything on the exterior is gone except for the raw metal. It looks like someone carve a serial number "80042" and a name like "Flion" or Elion". It has bottom spring valves and seems pretty old by any standard. I am assuming it's a student model of some type but I have no idea. I have photos in the link below.
    Thanks.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u436/Beartree/

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This is a stupid place to put this request. It belongs in horns. A Wiki is for encyclopedia type stuff.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I didn't notice we even had this section

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Looks like part of a Czech wall-hanger.

5. Gunner

Gunner New Friend

Apr 27, 2010
    Cinci, OH and Louisville
    Dude, you need to take the Dale Carnegie course. I need to find out how to spell Carnegie.

6. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    That thing is a junker... I wouldn't even drive 5 miles to pick it up off the curb on recycling day much less PAY something for it. Where's the other valves? Tuning slides? Leadpipe is toast.
    It will cost $x,xxx to have those parts fabricated by a good restorer and when you are done all you will have is a restored crap stencil trumpet.

If you paid for it you got screwed!

7. joe1joey

joe1joey Piano User

Jul 3, 2010
    E.Panhandle WV
    On the mother hand, its a fair enough question for a first timer. My answer is that I have no idea, and it would have been easier to venture a guess if a picture of the bell artwork/name was included. Good luck with horns and in reading about them here you will be able to find a good one at a reasonable cost.