I need to make playing easier

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kayak Cruzer, Mar 20, 2011.

1. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    You say your using a 7C.....why not go slowly to a larger mouthpiece...

say a 6C or a 5c or for that matter get a 6B or a 5B those are both deeper than your 7C. You could even go with a 5A...even deeper...sorry no 6B at least from what I know!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Based on how long I've been here on the forumn and how many posts I've racked up ..... I NEVER practice.:-)

Patty,

Wow, you are so democratic in answering posts.:thumbsup:

I like your Charlie Sheen quote.

Turtle

3. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan
    Wrong. The previous poster referred to a 7c, not a 5c. Check out the Kanstul mouthpiece comparator here:

Kanstul Mouthpiece Comparator

and compare B3C and B7C (bach 3C and 7C). As already stated, the rims are similar but the 3C is a bit shallower.

4. EricMGB1974

EricMGB1974 Pianissimo User

Nov 12, 2009
    Elmira, NY
    You might want to look at the old Rudy Muck or Parduba mouthpieces. When I first started back playing I got one of each with a cornet I bought. The Rudy Muck was a 19C. It had a very wide "Cushion Rim" and shallow cup that I found very comfortable and less tiring than the conventional Bach style mouthpieces I had. The Parduba was a size 4 1/2 and also had a comfortable rim but I didn't have quite the endurance as I had with the Rudy Muck. It did however help my upper register with it's dual cup design. Copies of both are being made new & can be found on eBay, and of course originals are also available fairly regularly.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    KC,
    I think that a 3c is easier than a 3CW. The wider rim on the CW is there to compensate for players using too much pressure. For me, they are less efficient, meaning are more work for the same result

6. JediYoda

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    Also the wider rim is for people who might have a large bottom lip and a very small upper lip!!

7. nieuwguyski

nieuwguyski Forte User

Aug 9, 2004
    Santa Cruz County, CA
    JY -- review your mouthpiece specs. You're apparently applying the Schilke labeling system (A = shallowest cup, E = deepest cup) to the Bach line, which uses exactly the opposite convention: A = deepest cup, F = shallowest cup.

8. JediYoda

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    Opps...sorry I was in a hurry and completely turned everything topsy turvy...lol

IT SHOULD READ -- You say your using a 7C.....why not go slowly to a larger mouthpiece...

say a 6C or a 5C or for that matter get a 6B or a 5B those are both deeper than your 7C. You could even go with a 5A...even deeper...sorry no 6B at least from what I know!!

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    oh no, not Rudy Muck .. if I had the money I would buy everyone of those on the planet and melt them into yard jockey's ..... great concept the Rudy Muck but....
    IMHO

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I too have a Offical Boy Scout, a Rexcraft, and a Slingerland that for all practical purposes are the same and what otherwise we would call imported "stencils". It is a possible that Buglecraft, the predecessor of Rexcraft marketed my Boy Scout. Rexcraft is now out of business and now a U.S. Regulation bugle is marketed by usregulationbugle.com

However, I'd like to know how one of these bugles would leak, unless they were damaged, as there are just 3 joints and a tuning slide. These joints could be readily sealed if they did leak. Too, a trumpet Bach 7C is NOT the proper mouthpiece for any of these bugles.

Yes, the Schulman System is no longer made, but as noted many used ones are marketed on e-bay and these forums from time to time and may even be found iin thrift stores. I doubt if a Pawn Shop would take them in.

Can I suggest you abandon all food and drink products with aspartame (Nutrisweet). Such produced symptoms my daughter had as were diagnosed as MS by Johns Hopkins , but after a year abstaining both Mayo and Johns Hopkins (again) noted no trace of it, and after 9 years of trying she got pregnant and my beautiful granddaughter is now 8 years old and healthy, as is my daughter. My daughter plays saxes, clarinet and flute with professional quality IMO but does not maintain such as her vocation. At her low, she couldn't even twist open a medicine vial right handed, and certainly couldn't keyboard on computer as was essential in her vocation. It also affected her vision. She couldn't drive an auto.