I saved my Charlier book

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Jan 16, 2011.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    My Charlier book was falling apart. I took it to a print shop to have it bound. They copied the front and back cover and one page that was too far gone. Then they cut down the entire book a little to get rid of the frayed pages. Then they spiral bound it. The book is now about 1/4" smaller in height and width and is intact. It all cost $5.00.

I wonder if they can do the same thing to Arbans?

2. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    You know I travel alot, and I've taken to making pdf's of my Characteristic Studies. This way I have them on my laptop at moment's notice.

Works well for me, and I don't have to lug books.

Congrats on the Charlier - definitely my Arbans and my old "Real Book" could use it.

3. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    I have done this exact same thing. I have also taken the additional step of selecting, copying, and pasting into Word just the exercises from the multiple books that I must focus on for the week. The whole routine then fits onto a few pages which I insert in a page protectors in a small 3 ring binder. It is super easy to carry around when I travel.

Dark Knight

4. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Yes. It can be done either hard cover or wire-bound. I have seen both the Arban and St Jacome books done in hard cover, and other books of similar size done in wire-bound.