I think this site is shrinking

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by B15M, Jul 16, 2004.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Last time I came here I think there were more categories.
    First no Monette spot and now no wild west

What happened?

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Check the "front page" for info.

3. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
    new format

I worry that this site will turn into another TH. The separate manufacturers categories added depth to this site. We had a more mature clientel here at TM, and I hope it stays that way.
    ~Steve Hyde~

4. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Well CrazyHorns... You fears are true! This site is no more than 'any other trumpet forum site". I thought that TrumpetMaster was trying to distance itself from TH and offer an alternative to TH but I was wrong! I used to enjoy this site so much better before hand. I too liked the seperate manufacturers forums.

I too thought you were right when you said that there was a more mature clientele on TM. A lot of guys from TH were over here on TM. I found the way TM was in the past was more organized!

Any other trumpet forums that any one would want to share with the trumpet community please feel free to do so!

5. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Why did you keep the wild thing tour?
    we could read about it in the general section.

6. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Why not just put everything in the GENERAL section and get it over with!

7. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    if all these different posts (both here and on th) complaining about our trumpet sites were used to enrich our trumpet sites, there would be much less to complain about.

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    So very true, but against human nature. Most people dislike change and love a controversy where they can express their opinion. Like the mere mention of:

ZeuS

sends some people into a tizzy.

I for one, think that the separate horn forums were slow. Some of those sections got one, maybe two posts a month. For a two week period my comment about something on the Bach board was the last thing posted. I have never owned a Bach. It was funny that my opinion stood as the last word for such a long time.

The TM is going through an overhaul. They combined the various horn forums. That allows for different forums to be added. Lets see what happens. I personally only visit two forums on the TH, Horns and Mouthpieces.

Actually, before this latest editing, this forum was too much like the TH, except it had a better class of people and better moderators. The dedicated forums on the TM were about horns, on the TH about teaching/playing styles.

This board has special events. It also a classic horn forum. I am sure they have got ideas for new forums planned. Instead of complaining, I am going to wait and see what is in store.

Jim

9. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Well I for one say if TM wants to cut it down then go ahead! He runs this show and gave us all a much better “home†on the internet after all the crap we had to put up with at TH.

I just hope we don’t lose some of the horn makers that post info on here like theoldmaz and kanstul etc.

10. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    You guys left the TH?
    I still post there.
    There might be way too many people, but hey, Manny Leaurano posts there.
    But it's still good to get advice from different sources.
    I like TM because it's more of a friendlier place, and it's got less posts, so you can take the time to read the stuff that isn't junk.