I won a Job!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Sep 12, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    It's been a loooong time since my audition on April 10th, 2006 but I got word today that I won a trumpet job with the Stadacona Band of Maritime Forces Atlantic (Navy Band) in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is the job I've wanted for years (ever since I was in high school).

I just wanted to share the good news with all of you. I am now being paid to do what I love and I am able to make a very handsome career out of this.

(Now the starting date is still up in the air but hopefully they said that I will be playing with them come Christmas).

Cheers All

Eric Sproul

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Great news, Eric!

Congratulations!!

-cw-

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I'm very happy for you, Eric... you've been putting in the time and it's paid off.

I salute you!

ML

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Hey! Way to go, man. Enjoy every minute of your time! Bandsmen are morale-builders regardless of which service (or country) they serve (and given current events those men and women and dependants deserve every bit of morale up-lift they can get). I was raised in a military family and spent much of my life "on base" so I got more than my share of march music and I'm sure it had a lot to do with my present love of music.

You will undoubtedly inspire others to take up an instrument somewhere "down-the-road". Congrats.

5. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    Eric-

congrats. really:)
    -Kelly

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Congratulations, Eric! You get to play your horn, get paid for doing so, and you get to serve your wonderful country.

Good Luck, and G-d Speed....

Mike

7. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Congratulations !!!! Now your living my dream.

8. ptynan

ptynan Pianissimo User

Sep 13, 2005
    Antigonish, NS
    Lots of great musicians in that band! Crow and Tim are a blast. You will love them. Get you beer drinking chops up (I mean way up),....you are going to need them.

Welcome to Nova Scotia and Congrats

PT

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Congratulations!! I know you have been working very hard and it has all paid off. I am very happy for you. :-)

Since you will be close enough to hang with Paul T. now, perhaps he can help you with your beer training. ;-)

10. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Eric! Congratulations!