If some1 can reply in next 5min !

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gxman, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Gxman

Gxman Piano User

Jan 21, 2010
    Hi

Im going bed, tommorow morning going to college so I wont be around.
    If somebody can reply in the next 5 min would be appreciated.

YouTube - André Rieu - Nearer my God to Thee (Näher mein Gott zu dir) - Zauber der Musik HD

This song. Is that in the key of G (concert pitch) and the notes B - A - G - G - E - E (concert pitch)

Which translate to key of A for Bb trumpet which = C# - B - A - A - F# - F# notes?

(the very first 6 notes played)

Have I got that right or wrong?

Im confusedz!

That note seems very high for beginner. I can only go C-D-E-F-G on trumpet A B C is like imppossible let alone C#?.

C# would be XXO + embrouchure right? and then B under that would be OXO?

Can you give me at least the first 6 nots how you would play them (to sound that way) valve configuration?

The rest I will work out just need a heads up

Thankyou!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Yep I think you've got that right but honestly stop worrying about what others can do and concentrate on your own sound and practice and stop worrying about transposing B flat to concert pitch most trumpet players think in B flat. C on the stave B flat pitch is fairly high for a beginer try to play simple long notes and tunes that go from c below the stave to g (there are plenty out there) my band master used to use drink to me only with thine eyes as a good starting point. But please Gxman realise that it does take time to devlope both sound and range

Hope this hepls

Andrew

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Hi George,

Your transpositions are correct, havent listened but I will now.

Regards, Stuart.

4. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Andrew beat me to it, he is right, first you must learn to walk before running,
    get lessons as soon as possible, or at least get Greg Spence's book and CD. this will give you a start.