If you don't already know."Jazz Player Radio!!!"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Apr 6, 2006.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I did ;), and still no dice... but's that okay. I'll keep plogging away. I've had a bunch of airplay in other markets, including Japan! Give it time, more people will find your music and dig it. We obviously aren't musicians for monetary reasons but it would be NICE if the LOCAL public radio station would play our music. Any Bostonians can do me a favor and request it if you call WGBH.

I'll keep my chins up lol

-T

PS: I've totally overhauled my soundclips on my site, and included a special "alternate take" from the session (Herbie's "One Finger Snap"). I'm going to open my webstore and redesigned website soon. There be a TON of info there. Thanks for checking it out and taking a listen.

Best,

Trent

2. RNelson

RNelson New Friend

Apr 8, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey guys,

I grew up in San Diego and currently live in the Phoenix area. Both are good size cities with ZERO Jazz being played.

Nick, I really appreciate this comment...

That is perhaps the best compiment we have ever received.

I have been watching Jazz die on the airwaves for 30 years. The net is the way to go, and as long as me, Jake, and our other trumpet playing partners are running it, well it might as well be Jazz trumpet!

And its not about just keeping the legends on the airwaves, its about giving the new guys a place to be heard, and perhaps, just maybe, we help to grow Jazz a little bit. So far so good!

Hey Trent,

Just checked your clips....you sound great. Do we have your discs? If not shoot me a note, [email protected]. I'll make sure we get some cuts into the library.

Ray
    www.raynelson.net

3. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Ray, can't you make a podcast of the interviews you have already. I would like to hear them again because they are fun and interesting to hear. And I think I'm not the only one who likes to hear them again. Don't keep them in the archives !

4. RNelson

RNelson New Friend

Apr 8, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey Veldkamp,

Podcast are coming...and soon! :D

The interviews will be podcast as part of a JPR Premium Subscription Service package that we are putting together. The price will be low...very low, just to help cover costs. Listeners are currently launching upwards of 25,000 streams a month! Believe me, the interviews alone will be more than worth the price of admission.

I can't give all the details yet, but yes, the interviews are coming, along with other goodies....I think you will dig it.

Oh...and when I say "soon", I mean very soon...

Stay tuned, and thanks for listening.

Ray
    www.raynelson.net

5. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Thanks !

Till now Chuck's interview is my favourite, but I didn't hear them all.

Erik.

6. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    I've recently started listening to this after hearing about it from this site - great stuff!!

Loads of players I've never heard of, and it's all great music.

I'm currently listening to it as I make my lunch.

Cheers,

Jack

7. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    By the way, can someone explain to me what a podcast is and how it differs from a regular streaming audio thingy?

Jack (technically incompetent!)

8. MrLT

MrLT Pianissimo User

Jul 12, 2005
    Manchester UK
    its a downloadable mp3 version of the broadcast - so called because it can be downladed to your iPod - but can be listened to on any mp3-capable player (nice marketing Mr Apple)

9. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Ah, gotcha. (Niice. :cool: )

10. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    You can download iTunes for free and subscribe for many podcasts. The Yamaha podcast and the pocast of Jeff Purtle is very interesting. Also the Wynton podcast from his fansite www.wyntonmarsalis.org is a must.