If you had to choose one CD...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sonicgeo2, May 3, 2009.

1. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    If you can live with the loss in sound quality, burn your own CD in mp3 format. I have one I made for road trips, loaded with things that will keep me alert - old blues, vintage R&B, Dixieland, dinosaur rock, jazz instrumentals, occasional bits of Ventures and Dick Dale and Los Straitjackets to break things up a bit. Just a bunch of stuff I know well enough that I'll be fingering the parts on the steering wheel, or drumming on it - anything to keep alert. A single CD can hold approximately 12 hours of music this way.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Sound quality is not high on the list of important things when stranded on an island..............

3. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Says the shipwrecked, dehydrated, sunburned and confused man,
    walking restless and in total silence, around the island looking for
    a coconut tree alpenhorn bender ROFL

4. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Okay... mine would be Doc Severinsen and the Command All Stars.... I once had this two-LP collection before we cleared out all of the LPs in our house. Some incredible playing by ALL concerned. I've been looking for it in CD form ever since. So far, no luck. Favorite cut.... Since you've been gone. Anybody out there have this set?

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi edfitzvb,
    you can probably find Doc Severensen and the Command All Stars on Music Stack There's a lot of Doc on this site. Good Luck

6. Heidi

Heidi New Friend

Mar 27, 2009
    Southeast, GA
    Why is there a CD player on a deserted island? Okay, I'll assume I had it on me and it didn't get soaked or get sand in it. I'd take a Barenaked Ladies CD. Whichever one has 'When You Dream.' If you don't know it, look it up because it is beautiful. Not much trumpet, but one instrument doesn't make all the music in the world now does it.

You could also use the shiny back of the CD to try and signal ships and airplanes. My luck they'd only pass at night.

7. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Hell yeah!!!:D

8. sonicgeo2

sonicgeo2 Pianissimo User

Wow, I didn't think everyone would take the whole "stranded on an island" thing so seriously. I basically was just looking for listening suggestions lol. Oh well!

9. Cleveland600 1974

Cleveland600 1974 New Friend

Apr 27, 2009
    Houston TX
    My choice would be Isaac Hayes--"Black Moses"

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit