If you're in LA Wednesday

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by EdMann, Jan 28, 2013.

1. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    If you're here, I'd love to see you at our gig this Wednesday night, a bday celebration for moi. No gifts or anything of that sort, but huge ears for great music while you munch on outstanding eats.

Rex's Ain't Your Daddy's Big Band, jazz rock that simply smokes with some of the greatest instrumental talent in LA. I'll be in the backrow with Bill Lamb on lead trumpet, one of the greatest of all time (Buddy Rich, Tower of Power, Quincy Jones), Rob Sack of Harry James fame, Mel Bator with the crippling double C's. Rex Meriweather is our fearless leader, cranking out the altissimo solos when I'm not feeling so, um, altissimo. Kate Upton will not be there.

Las Hadas Mex Restaurant Club
    Balboa @ Nordhoff in nominal Northridge. No cover, free parking, no minimum. Just max music!

7:30 - 10pm. Come early and schmooze!

Hope to see you there!

Ed

2. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Ed, if you weren't so far from me I'd be there for sure. wednesday nights are just not good days for me as I teach young boys Royal Ranger (boyscout) classes at our Church those days and we are short on instructors. :-(

3. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Make videos please!

4. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    vids of the band are out there, but the quality is crap. I don't like to post crappy vids. We're backing up Esther Valentine's latest CD on cdbaby.com. Check out Night and Day and Je Ne Fais Plus Rien particularly and you'll hear us like WE hear us!

ed

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  5. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    bump. No birthday, but we have Bill A. Jones of Glee on Fox singing with us tomorrow night, same bat time, same bat place (if you come, you'll know what I'm talking about!)

ed