I'll drink to that!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by J. Jericho, Jan 10, 2018.

1. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    I've tried six of the ones you mentioned - all good. Bowmore is among my top choices; it's my Islay whisky of choice at the moment. A friend of mine described the flavor as "barbecued Scotch". :lol:

Brassman64, trickg and Sethoflagos like this.
  2. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Forte User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    It has been probably 5, maybe 8 years since I've had a cigar, having quit golf in favor of fishing. I think I may put up a fire in the pit this weekend and sit outside and enjoy some whiskey and a cigar. If I'm not off chasing fish somewhere, that is.

Brassman64 likes this.
  3. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Pretty good corn whiskey going around here lately........

Real good

Brassman64 likes this.
  4. J. Jericho

Mar 16, 2011
    I had a chance to sample some legal moonshine (an oxymoron, if ever there was one) recently. It matched your description word for word.

5. J. Jericho

Mar 16, 2011
    There was a time when a group of friends and I met at a restaurant once a week to discuss life, politics, and religion over a bottle of Glenfiddich, which the proprietor kept for us. I liked Glenfiddich at the time, although, like Budweiser tastes a bit like Clydesdale urine to me, I eventually came to dislike what I perceived as a slight taste of stag urine in this particular brand of Scotch. Anyway, one time the restauranteur had left the bottle next to the oven, and its contents had warmed up considerably. WOW! What a difference! Most of us agreed that this was a great way to enjoy this particular beverage, especially on a cold day.

While I'm on the subject of warm beverages, I'll increase the temperature and mention something I posted before: I only drink coffee 3 - 4 times a year, but when I do, it's half Irish whiskey, in my case Tullamore D.E.W. The others are fine, too; I just like this one a slight bit better. It is a testament to my self-control that when I visited Ireland, I stopped at two Irish coffees when offered. It's a special way to start the day!

Trivia - Notice any similarity it the logos below?

Glenfiddich
    [​IMG]

Browning

[​IMG]

6. adc

adc Mezzo Piano User

Jan 12, 2017
    Elizabethtown, Pa.
    I am 71 and through my life I have drunk in moderation. Beer making in this country I believe has changed. It could be my taste buds have changed but I am not so sure. I can dring a beer now and then. Mostly wine though. I don't drink expensive wines...but the Barefoot Pinot Noir is pretty good at 8 bucks. I will be having one tonight. :wave:

7. ButchA

ButchA Piano User

Apr 13, 2009
    Richmond, Virginia
    I'll drink anything (...but in moderation). I've dabbled in a little of this and that over the years. But like some people, I have some wild stories -well, from what I remember- or stories that were told afterwards! :grin:

But lately, I read reports that wine is actually very healthy, and more beneficial than a 6 pack of beer or a few shots of bourbon. The only problem is that wine gets me blasted more than anything! I have one of those strange body alcohol metabolisms or whatever you want to call it.

** Drink an entire 6 pack of beer - I'm totally fine. A slight buzz, but, I'm fine. Honest.
    ** Drink a few Margaritas - I'm tipsy and will start acting like an idiot by singing Jimmy Buffett tunes!
    ** Drink a glass of wine - I'm on the floor... :eek:

8. adc

adc Mezzo Piano User

Jan 12, 2017
    Elizabethtown, Pa.
    Wow..that should be your go-to Drink. :D

9. Manfredv

Manfredv Pianissimo User

Oct 25, 2017
    McDaniels KY
    When I wake up at 3 o'clock on the morning a shot of buffalo trace usually does the trick.

10. OldKing

OldKing Piano User

Aug 20, 2016
    NW of San Antonio
    You're not helping.