I'm back!!! Trying to start playing again!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SpiritDCI08, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Hey Guys/Gals,

Long time no talk (even though you probably don't remember me). Since my last post I've had to give up playing for a while... or a year. I'm offically in the Army now and I'm stationed with the 101st Airborne Division! The Army has kept me pretty busy going in and out through schools but no more excuses! It's time to play again... though it deeply saddens me that my DCI career is over. But to the matter at hand!

Has anything new came out during my absence? I don't have my horn... family misplaced it... but I'm waiting patiently for it... or to buy another. I had a cheap practice mute but I was wondering what's the latest and greatest now. The people here blast their music loud but heaven forbid they hear a trumpet, might cause chaos.

Also has any new practice books came out? I had a old copy of Arbans but like my horn it's MIA.

Thanks guys!

2. CaptainAddy

CaptainAddy Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    Nothing much has changed in a year, no. Though if you played a king 601, perhaps it's a good thing it's lost ;-)

All jokes aside, welcome back! It's gonna be tough, no doubt about it, but in about a month, you'll be good to go, I'm sure of it.

Go treat yourself to a nice horn with that enlistment bonus of your buddy! I recommend the Getzen Genesis, which, when I get the money gathered of course, is gonna be my next horn.

Rowuk is still the big dog around here, and I'm sure you'll run into him again real soon.

Once again,
    :welcome: back!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Welcome back. Since you've been away, I joined. Please do not let that scare you away. And for the loss of your King, I am sure Kingtrumpet will be by soon for the eulogy.

Kingtrumpet may have been here when you last left. The only thing that has changed for him is he has become a farte user (or is that forte)?

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    AND don't listen to any of these yahoo's -- I have a KING 600 along with a few others -- and actually just bought another KING 600 on Ebay (hasn't arrived yet -- but it'll play and it was only $22.50 -- and that is less than the price of a half a tank of gas) ---
    The King 600 is great -- a lot brighter than my KING Silver Flair --
    HEY -- just find a horn, play some long tones, some scales, do some tonguing on the scales --- and you be a player in no time at all --

thanks for serving our Country -- and welcome back to TM

5. CaptainAddy

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    :roll:

Oh, please...

6. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    hey hey my King 601 was a faithful horn!

7. CaptainAddy

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    Kinda like how Arnold Schwarzenegger was faithful too, right? Haha, just kidding.

8. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Welcome back. And, thank you for your service. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Welcome back.. and thank you for your service...
    My 2 cents ... find one on craigslist or a from a dealer so you can play it ... and don't give a rip about how you sound in front of anyone ..
    I found a couple Yamaha 2320's that were great .. a Getzen 300..which was great ... a Bach CR300 which was great ... but I bring valve oil and my mouthpiece and check them out..
    What style of music do you favor?

10. CaptainAddy

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    I second the Bach CR300- that thing sounded great! I might get one now!